Has anyone tried EFT (emotional freedom technique)?

After a brief spell of relative freedom from severe pain etc for the past 3 days I have been able to get out of bed and shower and little more, although that takes a lot of thought, and little more. I live in a rural area and thankfully the chemist delivers medication on request. The lady delivering my meds waited patiently for me to answer the door and stopped for a cup of tea. While we were chatting she asked me if I had tried EFT. Apparently a relative of hers has found this technique? very helpful. I had to look it up on Google as I had never heard of it. Has anyone here tried it?

I had to look it up on Wiki to figure out what it was. This is how Wiki describes it:

Process

According to the EFT manual, the procedure consists of the participant rating the emotional intensity of their reaction on a Likert scale then repeating an orienting affirmation while rubbing or tapping specific points on the body. Some practitioners incorporate eye movements or other tasks. The emotional intensity is then rescored and repeated until no changes are noted in the emotional intensity.[1]

I can't really say that it's something I would be interested in, personally. However, instead of investing a lot of money in a particular center or person offering the technique, apparently you can learn how to do it yourself on DVD. At least that way you only invest a minimal amount of money, and if it works, hey, great! If it doesn't, nothing really lost.

Research