Polycsystic Ovarian Syndrome

Does anyone else have PCOS on top of your fibro?

jNycole, I was diagnosed with it about 30 years ago. But I was able to have a child and didn't know much about the dx, so being the mature person that I was, I completely ignored the doctor's dx. Years later, I was told that I have a fibroid but no one's mentioned the POS, so I don't know if the original dx was wrong or not.

Are you suffering with it? If you are, I'm extremely sorry. I DO know that it makes your menses very painful and has other issues as well, including fertility issues. Please feel free to speak to me more about it, if you wish.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/polycystic+ovary+syndrome

Dear niclole,

I had trouble with ovarian cysts most of my young life, along with other female problems, I had a total pan hysterectomy at 23, so I am not sure if this exact diagnosis was in place then, but believe me I had some problems, I hope that you can work with an good ob/gyn and resolve as much as you can with them.

I feel your pain and frustration, please feel that you can come to us anytime and we will be here for you. We stand very strong as a group.

Wishing you well,

SK

I was dx when I was 13. I was told I would never be able to conceive. Now at 27, I have a son who will be 7 in a few weeks! It’s a rough dx but with a great endocrinologist you can stabilize the hormones and help regulate your cycles. I owe the birth of my son to my endocrinologist. Having pcos is considered a high risk pregnancy, but it was worth it. If you ever have questions or want to talk let me know…I’m kind of a pcos encyclopaedia lol
Stephanie

Hi Nycole,

I'm 40 years old and I was diagnosed with PCOS about 18 years ago. I suffered 2 miscarriages and was told I was never going to have children. Purely by accident, I got pregnant 3 years after my second miscarriage. My son will be 15 soon. What do dr.'s know? However, now that I'm dealing with fibro, maybe lupus and PCOS I can totally sympathize with what you may be dealing with. I've been feeling pretty down simply because of how much weight I've put on. PCOS is something that can really make a woman feel ugly. We have to keep telling ourselves that while we have PCOS and fibro, those conditions do not make us who we are. We're beautiful and valuable! Hang in there and I get it...

Rosie

How are you Nycloe? Hope the Doctors have you in better shape, we are all pulling for you, join us again when you are feeling better!

Hugs,

SK