Anyone have Fibro flares every day?

I was wondering if anyone has had Fibro flares that start in the morning and slowly go away late afternoon every day? For three weeks, I have been waking up every morning in horrible, awful pain. I can hardly walk or stand. I stay in bed moaning in pain and then around 4 or 5 pm, the pain subsides into a very mild ache. I don’t get it. It’s like I have a daily flare that goes away early evening. Any thoughts???

this has happened to me in the past year also. sometimes i cry in the mornings. I imagine i will be in a wheelchair soon. About 5 I feel better. the end result is I feel better later in the evening and don’t feel tired until midnight. the the whole thing starts over. my meds have not changed.

Hi Freedom,
Personally I tend to be fairly bad every day too. I seem to get a bout of energy in the afternoon so that’s when I can fit in a chore or two around all the pain and exhaustion. I don’t really know why my body does this either. I haven’t had a “good” or “non flair” day in years.

I know that Fibro symptoms can change all the time but this new having a painful flare every day that goes away early evening is new for me. I still have pain in the evening but it is better than the flare pain. I’m sorry others have this type of pain too. I too wonder if I’ll end up in a wheelchair. Hugs to you!

I do this too - although here lately my day is flipped. I will feel “good” when I first wake, then as the morning goes on the flare builds until late afternoon when it eases off somewhat. By the time most people are going to bed, I am just starting to feel “good” again and like I might be able to do something.

I am so glad I’m not alone! I sort of thought I was going crazy! I mean, I woke up one morning writhing in pain, by early evening, I was laughing and had minimal pain. I wish all of us didn’t have to go through this. I’ve only had fibromyalgia for 2 years and it’s hard for me to think about the future. Last week I purchased a wheelchair. I can’t walk far, so now if I go somewhere and get tired, I will have the wheelchair. I’m 52 years old.

I’m so sorry you’re having so many flares. They do seem to go in spurts. I’m 59, and I’ve had fibro for 25 years not (I can’t believe I’m saying this.) One thing that helps me is taking magnesium and malic acid every single day. It’s not something that will show immediately. My rheumatologist recommended I take these years ago. I order one called Fibro Response from Amazon. Another thing that helps is taking a muscle relaxer at night. I take Zanaflex, so I can half the pill if I wish. We tend to not hit the stage of sleep that allows our muscles to relax, so this muscle relaxer seems to really help. I also have an extra long heating pad on my bed that has an automatic shutoff. I turn it on low. My worst part of my body is my legs, so this helps me tremendously. Hope your flares start easing off very soon!

Freedom, just a thought. would you be able to use a lightweight ( not the one as heavy as a freight train ! walker with a seat. That would stabilize you so you could walk and use those muscles, but you could sit down whenever needed. walk 4-5 minutes, sit down and rest. The wheelchair could make your arms tired and ache more. You are so young, i think its worth a try to be able to take a few steps and then sit. That is what my doc is suggesting for me. Doesnt hurt to have both. Good Luck and prayers for you.

Hi Carolyn, I haven’t been on this site for a long time. I really like your idea about the walker. What a great idea! As many of you know, chronic pain along with people not understanding what it’s like to have chronic pain, can take a toll on your body, mind and spirit. I have been grieving so many losses but feel like I’m in a better place now. Thanks for your support Carolyn.

Dear Freedom,
I am very sorry for your losses. Sometimes our grief doesn’t go away - It just becomes a part of us, but we carry on… Saying a prayer for you today :purple_heart:

Unfortunately I feel like I do. But I also have other health issues including the Epstein Barr Virus so I am not ever quite sure which is which or what is worse some days. Is the doctor helping you at all with your pain? 3 weeks is about right for some flairs, unfortunately.

Hi gramybear and Aussiemom, thank you both for your kindness. I can’t even imagine having Fibro and Epstein Barr. You must be so fatigued and exhausted. I only have Fibro and my fatigue is sometimes worse than the pain. I see a rheumatologist and have tried several medications but they really don’t help. I have my medical card so sometimes I use cannabis but I really don’t like that “out of control” feeling. I’m not on any opioids and will not even try them. I have a feeling they would help a lot but I don’t want to go down that slippery slope. Since my pain is chronic, I would become tolerant and the dose strength would continue to increase thus becoming addicted in the end, or at least that is what my rheumatologist told me. Thankfully I only have fibromyalgia??? My heart goes out to you and anyone with multiple health issues. Grieving the loss of my old life and learning how to make a new life has been very challenging. I sort of feel like we all live in this Fibro bubble. People can see us, judge us, think they know us or not believe the depth of our pain, but we know it and we get it and we care about each other when others leave us without even trying to understand our lives. Yikes! I just read what I wrote! In general, I’m a pretty positive person who rarely gets angry. But… I think I’m a little bit angry right now with my friends and family. Mmmmmm. Bye. :pleading_face::woman_facepalming:

Hi, Freedom.
I’m generally a positive (optimistic) person as well, but this is a site where we can say what we are feeling, with no judgement, as some days our pain is outweighing our positive outlook. I love that everyone is honest about their feelings here. It makes me feel like I’m not alone in this fight against fibro.
If you do decide to try stronger meds, you should get a GOOD pain management doctor. He or she will monitor you and prescribe just the amount needed to help. Because of the opioid problem in the US, the doctors have to comply with regulations, as well. Mine recently had to reduce the daily dose, so I’m on a small dose, several times a day. This is a personal choice - No one else can make it for you. Just telling what has helped me. Good luck on your decision, and keep being honest with the community - It helps others and makes us all think about our own lives & decisions. :purple_heart: