Daughter (14) diagnosed FRUSTRATED

So I have a beautiful little 14 year old whom has her own medical issues going on. She was diagnosed with Mitochondrial disease complex 1 at age 6. Suddenly she starts having trouble. More than normal and upon a dr's visit yesterday she is diagnosed 18/18 for fibro. I am so frustrated. What I think added to it was being told that they believe it is inherited and then hearing she might just be the youngest we have seen diagnosed this extreme. I am just flustered. What makes it completely worse is then finding out certain drug we might take are not FDA approved for children. So now what??? I am just frustrated beyond belief. I keep thinking that it will be ok. She is on neuratin and they moved the dose up a little. I am going to start taking her to the chiropractor and I guess she will get massages like I do there. Any other thoughts on what to do with one so young?

Dear Jo,

I'm very sorry to hear this! Dena just posted this about her daughter, and like I was telling her, of all the things we want to give to our children, and grandchildren, illness is not one of them!

Unfortunately, there have been several, even one is too many, girls her age who have joined the group!

Your Doctor will know if these drugs are usable for the young, and many General Practitoners work with Rheumatologists to get the very best treatment available. It is never a bad idea to have a Rheum involved, if only yearly.

My Chiropractor has been a great help to me, his wisdom has been priceless! As well as the other Doctors were in explaining my x-rays and MRIs he gave me the most information.

My heart is with you,

SK

Aqua therapy has been great for me and I just found out my niece has ra she is 15 and her doctor said it has been really good for his young patients. It is so frustrating when it is our children. We worry so much and want to make things better I will be thinking of you

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. I have begun to post various fibro related things on my Facebook page in order to bring about awareness and my friends are sharing the word. Maybe some day we will have answers