Do any of you have swelling during flare-ups?

HI everyone - I am curious to know if anyone has swelling when the triggers points flare up? My arms, hips - especially the left one, and the base of my neck on both sides swell up and are extremely painful to the touch. Also, lower and upper back at times too. Love and Hugs, Laurie

Just and FYI , I do have swelling when I have flare ups, however over the past year, I have non stop flare ups. Some days, all I do is cry because I hurts so bad.I have many other underlying issues as well, such as Asthma, chronic depression, anxiety, severe osteoporosis, osteo arthritis, degenerative disc, Fibro, and the list seems to go on! I have just applied for disability, and I pray that it gets approved! But, again to answer you question, my hands, knees, both show swelling. Best of luck to you!

i get swelling on the left side of my body. my pain has always been worse on the left side. my left foot is what bothrs me the most in regards to the swelling. the main reason is cause it swells so bad that its very hard to wear any kind of shoes even crocs. i may have swelling in some of the places u mentioned but for the most part i only notice the swelling all down my left leg and foot and my left hand as well.

i am not sure if knowing other people suffer with the same thing or not. at times it is nice to know u r not alone but knowing that this too is part of fibro kinda sucks because there is nothing u can do. the good news is that for me it is only bad during flares.

hugs

Laurie, could it be arthritis? I know that sometimes people swell from fibro and from the meds we use for fibro but to have the swelling right where the trigger point flare ups occur sounds like a potential red flag to maybe something else going on??? Arthritis??? Have you ever discussed this with your doctor? Are the trigger point areas red or hot to the touch?

I'm stumped on this one, girlfriend!

HI Jackie - I have flare ups every day too. There is always a part of my body that really hurts and I too, suffer from chronic depression. More so now then ever before. I do take antidepressants, but it's not a miracle worker. My doctor suspects Osteoporosis as well - will be getting that checked soon. Sometimes I just can't get out of bed and because of the depression - it's extremely hard to do the things I need to do. I also have Ankylosing Spondylitis of the spine - and when I get a flare up there it's just about impossible for me to get around. All these things we must cope with - but when it strikes me all together - it's a real challenge to get around. Laurie

Jackie, I hope and pray that your disability is approved! It's bad enough to have to sit and cry all day from the pain - then to add in financial worries is beyond stressful, which, of course, makes the fibro worse. You don't deserve to have to sit through all of that. Fibro is enough for us to have to handle!

Hi Pet - it could very well be Arthritis. I was diagnosed yesterday with strep throat - jeez! I haven't had this for many years. However, my doctor started me on antibiotics immediately to nip it in the bud before the pain gets too bad. I have a fever - but pain in throat is minimal right now, but hard to swallow. Have been just drinking liquids.

Everything that was to be done, like my Mammogram, bone density and such had to be put on hold till I am over the throat problem. My goal before I see the new Rhuemy in May is to get everything checked and out of the way. I know the new Doctor will probably order tests as well. I am almost positive I have more then just Fibro, but I am apprehensive about it - not really wanting to hear what ELSE is wrong with me! (Smile).

Yes, sometimes the areas that are swollen can be slightly red and warm (not hot) to the touch. When my hips flare up, the swelling will start in that area and go down to my thighs. Also, my feet, will at times, feel very hot and prickly - yet when I touch them, they are cool to the touch. What is THAT all about?? Jeez! However, I have been diagnosed with Neuropathy. When I get it in my fingers and toes (elsewhere too), it startles me so bad and boy! Does it hurt! Love, Laurie

My Ra Dr, wants me to do Reclast, and I am very afraid of doing that, has anyone heard good or bad? My number is -3.5 1/2 point from the lowest reading, I also was sent to pain mgmt. today, they want to do an epidural injection, another scary idea. I guess when your body gives out, your options are not very elaborate. My Back MRI, and brain MRI both showed small cysts, the brain showed a small area that the neurologist wants to watch... not scary huh? Well another MRI in 1 more month. Praying it is nothing! Oh and the person who said about MS being so close to Fibro- you are so right, I also showed the spots on the brain that could be counted for MS. The Neuro said no that it is not MS but definetly fibro, which I already knew. Please don't think IM whining, I just feel so overwhelmed at this point. so many health issues for one person, it is unreal....I truly wish they could find a cure for it all! God Bless!

Hi Laurie, I swell also. Usually my hands, ankles, feet and face( around my eyes) is where I can really see and feel it the most but it seems to be almost a whole body thing as my clothes will be snug ! I can’t seem to get much help with this from my doctors it seems that they don’t feel it’s a “regular fibromyalgia symptom” so they just disregard it as problematic

HI IVE HAD SWELLING SINCE OCTOBER 25 2012 THE BACK OF THE NECK AND DOWN THE SHOULDERS THE LEFT ELBOW BOTH HIPS AND KNEES IT STARTED TO HURT HAD THE SWELLING FOR 5 WEEKS BEFORE THEN I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN I WENT TO WORK AT. 7AM AND KNEW BY 8AM I CALLED THE PRIMARY AND WAS QUESTIONED AND EXAMINED HE THOUGHT IT WAS ARTHRITIS AND PERSCRIBED PREDNISONE BUT NOT THE USUAL DOSAGE AND DAYS HE PERSCRIBED 40 MGS FOR 6.DAYS IT DIDNT HELP SO THE RHEUMI PERSCRIBED THE USUAL DOSE GRADUALLY REDUCING IT OVER 6.DAYS NOTHING HE ORDERED A BONESCAN I WENT AT 10AM FOUND OUT WHERE THE PROBLEM AREAS INJE TED THE DYE DID A FULL BODY SCAN NO SIGN OF ARTHRITIS OR SNYTHI G ELSE SO ITS THE FIBRO IVE CHANGED. RHEUMIS THE OTHER ONE IN DES MOINES WAS VERY DIFFICULT HAD TO ASK FOR 5 DAYS OFF 31/2 HOURS THERE ANOTHER. 15 MINUTES TO MY SISTERS HOUSE THEN ANOTHER 15 MINUTES TO THE DR AND WITH THE TALKING ON THE PHONE WHILE DRIVING WAS AN ISSUE HE CAN GO. 3-4-5 HOURS WITHOUT TALKING TO HER I. WASNT HAPPY ITS 1 HR 25 MINUTE DRIVE. THEN I HAVE TO REPEAT THE OROCESS TO GET HOME THAT WONT BE A PROBLEM I HAVE A DR IN PEORIA ILLNOIS. 1 DAY OFF 4 HOUR ROUND TRIP AND IVE ASKED MY FRIEND WHO WORKED WITH ME BEFORE SHE RETIRED AND GER HUSBAND TOM THEY DONT TSLK AND DRIVE ILL FEEL SAFE ILL LET YOU KNOW AFTER IM HOME NEXT MONDAY

Laurie,

I understand where you are coming from! My spine is full of arthritis and degenerative disc disease. I have bursitis in my left hip, and the list goes on.......someday"s its a chore to get out of bed to do anything! I push and push myself until I end up with some type of infection, usually sinus, or upper respitory due to the asthma, I finished the online forms for SSI today and I had so many different docs and diagnosis that I did not have enough room to list them all! I feel like people are looking at me as a hypochondriac. I hate that I have so much going on with my body, I so wish I could be like I was in my 20's healthy active and full of life, now Im dormant, and although I do have a life, it's not near as it was when I was younger! I also hate not being able to pick my grandbabies up and give them loven. It's so sad! Does anyone else feel like this?