Introductions

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site and to fibro as well. Was just formally diagnosed a couple of months ago after starting symptoms last November/December. Everything started off pretty mild like body aches as if I was coming down with the flu or something......except I didn't get sick and the pain didn't go away. Yay! So after a couple months of that and increasing pain I went to the doctor. Of course all labs were normal and a CT scan was negative for any spine/disc issues. Doctor sent me to a rheumatologist for a difinitive diagnosis of fibromyalgia. Ever since then everything has pretty much been a blur....doctor visits, medications, doctor visits, new medications, etc. I'm finding that I am unable to tolerate meds like Cymbalta and Effexor. Next on the list is Savella. Of course the pain has gone from a relatively annoying general aching to random horrific pain in any given place on my body. I have days where my neck, shoulders and back are so painful and tight that I just can't function. Then there's days where my arms ache and tingle and I just want to cut them off! Then days like today where my joints hurt and my lower back and hips just ache. But I'm sure you all are familiar with this right. Doh! Anyway it's been good to read stories here and realize that I'm not alone and that my pain is real. Thank you for reading this. :)

Hello Shortstack,

That is the great thing about this comunity - we all understand. We can listen, you can offload and we can share stories both happy and sad! Thank-you for sharing your story.

Take care, Anne

Hi ShortStack, Welcome to the group, we are here for you. Be sure to check out the Fibro 101 discussions and the groups. We all understand how you are feeling.
Starr

Thank you all so much. I appreciate the responses and look forward to hearing about others' experiences. Today is a bad day. I feel like I've been beaten with a bat all over my body. :( (Wishing we had a hot tub here at work. Just sayin). Anyway at least it's Friday. :) Hope you all are having a great one.