JayCS’s Fibro Blog

2021-06-24, Thursday

Sleep: 8h58, up 4x (12’:exclamation:) +42’ nap = 9h40 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Tired, but I worked like I played TT, half asleep…!

Repeat: Did you get that :question: Up tonight for 12 minutes. TWELVE :exclamation: MINUTES :exclamation: Not per hour, per night :exclamation: Hard to believe :exclamation:

:exploding_head:

Sleep details: Ideally short sleep breaks! If I'd've cold showered at 4 to improve the sleep quality after, I'd've increased the time awake. Still might've been worth it... Only dozed/AuTr in the nap, after it workout good energy-wise, but feverish, i.e. still knackered, dunno what to do now, cold shower?

Passiflora 20:30, GABA 21:08, p2
21:10- (hunchback pillow 10’)
22:21 3’ unrest in middle back. p4! (after 6!), drink, shake 2’, earworm there, but comforting, not disturbing
1:25 5’ p3, teeth, drink, shake,
4:34 3’ p2, drink, polycotton top on (cdnt find a cotton one quick enough)
5:07 1’ hungry → drink, → too hot/sweaty once again → top off again → 4th pair of socks, more dozing & AuTr now, like always Thursdays in the last hours.
-6:20 Tired & feverish, but what the heck - if I can excel in TT in half-sleep, why not at work…
Sum: 2h50+6h20-(3+5+3+1=)12’= 9h10-12’=8h58, up 4x (12’!)
nap 10:00-10:42

Activities: 3h17… :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark: despite tiredness

BTW: How I’m “feeling” is only on a physical level. Basically I’ve been a happy, content guy the last 5 years and counting, so inside I feel 95-100% well most of the time. Whatever the discussion with my wife and others - no one can take that from me. My main “problem” is a deep desire to do more, esp. more fw, more music, more sports, more housework, more time with my wife, but it’s always been like that and shows my continued positive outlook on life, wanting more of it, not less…

Activity-details: live work 1h15, cycling h32, TT 4:4 1h30 (talk breaks, not nec, but welcome)

Cycling (expected) 8+8+8+8+5 =h37?
TT 4:4 1h30 not quite easy, but not struggling either.

Sitting

I often stand leant on to something - for years, actually.

I think I have to get some of my bikes “restructured” to make cycling a bit easier. I can’t repair or change them anymore myself, it’s just too much effort.

Treatments: 2h36 (1h06 self, 1h30 acupressure)

Effects of 750mg GABA, 2x290mg passiflora

Night was good… apart from p0-!4.

Effects of acupressure...

Left leg is still a bit of a problem. Loins still good

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h06, fibro-work 1h50...

:white_check_mark: Timing, hunchback-hard-cushion 10’, cold shower (10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 6’, shaking dance 2’, thumbnail 10x30’’, gums 2x30’’, AuTr 10’, twist-stretch 6’, workout 7’, neck 1+ 4’, = 1h06…
:x: V ‘, neck 2 1’, yoga ‘, loins 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night/morning: 10’ 9:45: 10’ 10:50: 1h30 17:20-19:10 = 3h40…

Abbreviations & explanations

Entries start with night meds & sleep, before activities & treatments, because the “night before” is vital. So Fri-day starts with Thursday night, the night before Friday.

Pain "7" = crying (/out) point; my 1 is others 2-3, and due to pacing/treatments

My wife says my 7 is other people’s 12. 1 is probably 2-3. Due to pacing, keeping work down to 25% (12h/wk) and all my treatments (acupressure, GABA) and physio self-treatments I manage to keep getting my pains & Ache down quickly. 3 usually means the Ache, not pains; these I address individually, often automatically and on the fly now, e.g. twist-stretching everything or something specific after getting up. p0 means pain of 0.

TIME DATA, e.g. ' = mins, h = hours, 18:10:40', date YYYY-MM-DD

’ = mins = minutes, ‘’ = secs = seconds, h is hours as time length, 3h is 3 hours long, 3:00 is 3am, 15:00 is 3pm. 18:10:40’ means 40 minutes, starting at 18:10, = 10 minutes past 6pm up to 10 to 7pm. The date is the logical digital standard: YYYY-MM-DD.

SLEEP: slp, w, lbu/LBU, RLS, p, i

slp = sleep; reasons for getting up: w = (a)wake, lbu/LBU: lower back unrest (‘RLS’?), p: pee, p2: pain 2 of 7 before peeing, i: ideas.

ACTIVITIES: TT, e.g. "5:1"

TT = table tennis, 5:1 = score, usually showing how well I’m feeling: energy, relaxedness & alertness if the first number is much higher than the second.

SELF-TREATMENTS (about everything else...)

The self-treatments listed are only things that I’m spotlighting & rewarding myself for at the mo by counting them; much of what I do at night is self-treatment to get back to sleep or alleviate (1-2h/d), certain regular movements at daytime, like twist-stretching (30’), writing this blog is self-treatment (30’-60’/d), and the further fibro-work is an indirect form.
Self treatments are usually preventative or always have the same positive effect (e.g. cold showering improves Ache and sleep) - at least I do them for that - and I use “:arrow_forward:” to show what I’m doing to alleviate something and mark it off in the details “:white_check_mark:/:x:” whether it works well enough for a time or doesn’t’, e.g. Ache :arrow_forward: cold fast shower “:white_check_mark:
fw = fibro-work, meaning reading and writing this blog, the reference base, on 4 fibro-forums and researching fibro-stuff on the web.
AuTr = Autogenic Training (usually to actively get - back - to sleep, so counting it as sleep and AuTr…),
cold/FCS = Flash Cold Shower (20’’-60’’) , I count it as 10’ tho. At night with ear plugs & all lights off.
breath-hold/WHM-B-H = Wim Hof Method Breath-Holding,
Neck 1 is stretching top right to bottom left, vice versa & sky/ground, neck “1+” is stretching far further diagonally downwards, neck 2 is pressing my head against my hand “without moving”, left right and front.
loins = loins/groin = stretching the ligaments there.
ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,
RR = bp = blood pressure (Riva Rocci), plus pulse. Used to be normal, plus sometimes white coat syndrome, went up since fibro, seems to have gone down again, but I’m still sort of on meds, candesartan 16mg, instead of 8mg plus lercanidipine, cos I saw that c. has less side effects.
:new: “V” for loins = lie on back, legs up and let legs fall to sides;
:new: twist-stretching more for the loins