Lyrica

Has anyone gained alot of weight from Lyrica???If so how to loose it diet and exercise won’t do it

I'm a heavy gal and put on more weight with Lyrica. BUT since it helps to take the edge of the pain...I guess that's the downside of taking it.

I don't know how to take off the weight, Wendy. My sister (who doesn't have fibro) swears by Weight Watchers. Maybe some other people here can offer more assistance for you.

Hi fibrowendy,

Yes, it makes you hold fluid. I am on a heavy dose for Sciatica, so once in a while when I swell badly, I have to go off of it for a few days, and when I do, I am running to the bathroom constantly to empty my bladder. But it is the very best med I have taken for nerve pain.

Sorry you are going through this as well, they don't want to give you fluid pills to take on a regular body as my Dr said that after using them on a regular basis for a short time, your body then depends on them to pass water.

Wish I had a better answer, but glad you posted, this is often discussed!

SK

Thanks Girls for the Info…If I AM a few hours from missing a dose.my body goes nuts with zaps

I have put on weight since taking lyrica and cannot shift it at all... then again if I do not take it I am in agony so it is a trade off. I would suggest speaking with your doctor about the weight gain and ask them to either help you lose weight or refer you to someone who can help you to lose it. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Mike xx