What diet works best to control Fibro pain?

This may be the best thread to warm up about diets. The 2nd post mentions anti-inflammatory, dairy-free, vegan, unprocessed, whole, anti-inflammatory, rainbow (funny, cos it contrasts many others!), the 3rd has links for anti-inflammatory and nightshade, the 4th dairy, gluten, sugar,, the 9th candida & gluten and the tenth almost total recovery due to elimination diet (food sensitivities)

Summarizing other good old posts: Elimination Diet or Virgin Diet? - #14 by Lalabug mentions sugar, @Stacey_B explains her virgin diet (no gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, corn, peanuts and sugar), and shares help to over come emotional blocks and @Lalabug compares it to the paleo diet. In another thread vegan helped @Han with IBS and dairy helped @Justwhatineeded with stomach/heartburn. Then paleo helped @kallee. @Debra3 did low carb. @NIR was sure about an alkaline diet, @Sy1 found her GI-triggers using an elimination diet. @LadyLori46 got less joint pain by stopping nightshades.

Quick overview of diet names here under “I do still have questions about the ketogenic diet”

I’ve seen I think all diets associated with or tried by people with fibromyalgia and/or co-morbid IBS. My list to date is

dairy free (but perhaps meat)

fructose/fructans free (for FMS)

gluten free,

grain free,

nightshade free,

sugar free

vegan (no dairy, no meat etc.)

vegetarian (no meat etc., but dairy)

dairy free plus grain free

low carb, incl.:

Keto diet / ketogenic diet (high fat, low carb, low protein) and

low FODMAP (fermentable oligo-, d i-, mono-saccharides and p olyols, i.e. all short-chain carbs), incl. fructans (see fructose free above),

candida diet (= low on simple carbs)

low histamine

low oxalate

low salicylate

paleo diet (palaeolithic, caveman, stone-age, = no dairy, grains, sugar, legumes…), incl.:

AIP diet (Autoimmune protocol) / anti-inflammatory: paleo minus nightshades, nuts, seeds, sweeteners and egg; no wheat/gluten, milk

plant paradox (lectin free) for leaky gut

virgin diet (no gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, corn, peanuts and sugar)

Mediterranean diet: unsaturated fats (e.g. omega 3: flaxseed oil) fats & complex carbs

pegan, a vegan form of paleo, for fibro (‘nutrition docs’ on German TV/youtube)

elimination diet using diary for food sensitivities contributing to IBS & stomach hyperacidity or pain

Hay diet (“separate” proteins & carbs in one meal), seperate plant & dairy protein) for IBS

organic foods

whole foods (i.e. non-processed)

I myself have tried most of these (for at least 2-3 months each, or intertwined), and still use some or parts of them, esp. my elimination diet for GI and a Mediterranean diet to lower my blood fats, vegetarian come vegan to reduce pain on earth.

Easy to read links:

https://creakyjoints.org/about-arthritis/fibromyalgia/fibromyalgia-healthy-living/fibromyalgia-diet/"

Quote: “Mayo clinic is neutral to weak against for diet. There is some relative recent research on gut biome and fibro.” (Des from FMA UK)

Study:
Study: Dietary Interventions in the Management of Fibromyalgia: A Systematic Review and Best-Evidence Synthesis Lowry et al, 2020:
oxidative status or damage; dysfunction of pro-inflammatory or anti-inflammatory modulation; dysfunction of energy production; or, dysfunction of the neuromodulation within the peripheral or central nervous systems. To recommend any nutritional intervention, will require extensive randomised, controlled, human trials. (And that’s the problem.)

Sorted by Symptoms:

For FMS: Fructose & fructans free

For gut/IBSD/ISBC: Fructose free, elimination diet. (Also: Keep loose around the waist.)

For stomach - hyperacidic: elmination diet, e.g. nothing acidic, i.e. sour, hot, onion-like etc.

For bladder: … pumpkin seeds

For cardiovascular: Mediterranean diet