How to know if u have the flu or it's fibro?

Ii feel like crap. My littlest on has been sick. I started to get chills really bad last night. I got up this morning n felt like crap so we both just slept. Till 3:00. I feel good one moment n like total crap the next. R there certain foods I should avoid? Dairy n breads? I’m really having a hard time dealing with this. I’m so tired of feeling horrible n not able to be as active as I used to. N the pain does not go away. I just want to die I don’t know how people deal with this on a daily basic. How r u supposed to take care of a family when u can’t feel half way decent. Is the cold weather playing a role? Is there a good med out there that does not have a bunch of side effects? I’m so lost. I can’t wait for the holiday to be over. Too much going on n my anxiety is thru the roof. I feel like I’m losing it. :,( I don’t let the family see but all my kids stop by n it’s too much on me. Were supposed to have breakfast in the morning. I sure hope it goes well. I’m sorry for laying all this out but I really feel alone n I’m scared to death.

HI DEBORAH IM SO SORRY YOURE FEELING BAD.MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A DR THEYLL BE ABLE TO TELL IF ITS FLU OR FIBRO.ITS HARD WHEN YOU HAVE IT AND YOURE NOT SURE IF ITS THE FIBRO OR SOMETHING ELSE.IVE BEEN SICK SINCE LAST SUNDAY DECEMBER 15 WITH WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A COLD.I WENT TO TALK TO THE PHARMASIST TO GET OTC MEDS ON TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY. MY CHEST AND THROAT STARTED TO HURT MAKING IT HARD TO TALK AND BRESTH.IT WASNT BETTER MONDAY 23 SO I WENT TO THE DR.HE SAID AFTER QUESTIONS AND A. EXAM I HAD SINUS INFECTION.HE TOLD ME TO TAKE MUCINEX MD FOR THE COUGH AND GENERIC AUGMENTIN.ITS NOT FUN BEING SICK AND HAVING FIBRO YOURE NOT SURE WHAT IT IS. HOPE YOU FIND OUT WHAYS THE PROBLEM AND HAVE MEDICINE PERSCRIBED.IF IM NIT FEELING BETTER BY FRIDAY DEC 27 IM TO SEE THE DR AGAIN.YOURE IM MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

Ty so much. Mine started in my head and ears, I could feel it drain into my stomach. Im so congested and clogged at night. Now my nose is starting to run. But the last couple days I really felt like crap. I take sudefed and Mucinex for cough and loosens flem. Hope you have a merry xmas. Thank you for the Prayers they r much needed

I went to my family Dr to just walk away very frustrated, a total waste of money. I need a doctor that know more about fibro and knows the steps to test for it. I don't want to just keep going to the doctors and never get closer to understanding what is going on. I don't want a bunch of unnecessary blood work cause in the past they would always do blood work to test me for peri-menapause and tell me nothing was wrong it all came back normal. and it would cost hundreds of dollars every time. But since I was 38 I was dealing with hot flashes, night sweats, weigh gain, etc to finally go to my holistic doctor and she balanced me out. Im off my zoloft and felt the best in a long time until recently and now Im dealing with something new and don't understand what is going on. I do understand to keep the stress down and Im working at it. Now that the holidays are over I want to go check about doing physical therapy. And find a doctor that takes interest and know about Fibro. By the way yesterday went well with the kids and Christmas we relaxed and got the house back to normal.

Should I avoid certain foods? I was reading an article about sinus problems being part of Fibro? is that true? I am so congested and can't seem to find any relief except for nasal spray which don't last but a few hours. My husband bought me some breath right strips and the first one I used started out good but is not staying on as strong as when I put it on. Two of my girls r sick like me but getting over their sickness so quickly and Im still dealing with it. Over a week later. No green flem or mucus so Im not concerned of infection. Usually when you get outa bed the stuffiness goes away. Im not having that luck. Im drinking lots of tea and chicken noodle soup. I cough all the time. One hell of a cold. If anyone could recommend a good doctor close to me I will travel to find someone good.

We don't have a bunch of money to tie up into a bunch results that don't lead know where and that is where Im scared. I don't want to go broke trying to figure out what is going on. Does anyone understand where Im coming from? Or is that how it is?

TY all for you info and support. Im at the starting line and hoping to get to the finish line of understanding and how to control the pain. I want my normal life back, or at least close. Have a great night.