JayCS’s Fibro Blog

2021-06-18, Friday - additional GABA un-stiffed me, but sitting is yucky

Sleep: 10h22, up 6x (1h) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Ideal up to now, if I can repeat that: 1h is OK, I managed to curb it. Realizing I was wide awake I tried adding further GABA, a lot, which seemed to have help the sleep. Now I’ll have to see what it does with me all day.

Sleep details

3x290mg Passiflora 20:30, 750mg GABA 21:15, FCS 21:20
21:30-
23:54-57 3’ pee/pain 4, thumb, drink,
1:44-40 5’ pee/pain 4, thumb, drink, dry mouth better tonight.
2:02-11 9’ FCS (30’’) pee/0pain, thumb,
3:40-4:16 36’ daft dream (not being able to find a train timetable at a station). 6. pee/0 pain. thumb. Hungry → drink. Feel like a longer sleep break, overactive brain needs sth. to do, maybe from the dream, altho I’ve stopped thinking of music by not listening to my track for 2 days. But I’ll try to force myself back.
4:42 3’ Doesn’t work, despite AuTr, I feel pretty wide awake while lying down - however nice drowsily tired upon waking up. I didn’t feel like cold showering again, cos I’d already done it twice and was getting a bit chilly. Try GABA +500mg, seeing as my theory that it was causing worse precision at TT and more pee pain doesn’t seem to be true, as I’ve had both yesterday again. So another test. :face_with_monocle: (Next time I cd test a 3rd cold shower tho.)
5:53 4’ Suddenly razor-sharp sore throat - from lying a bit without blanket :question: → Marigold essence. pee/0 pain, thumb, put on trousers, woolen socks, pulled duvet up a bit more.
-8:52 after deep sleep, a bit strangely dreamy, but OK. pee/0pain (very slow).
Interesting :exclamation:
Sum: 2h30+8h52-(3+5+9+36+3+4=)60’= 11h22-1h=10h22, up 6x (1h)

Activities: 5h30 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, overall pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark: despite yesterday; however backside pain: 3. :x:

Activity-details: live work 2h, cycling 1h30, grandchild 2h

Cycling (expected) 8+8+8+8+30+30=1h32
grandchild 2h
(TT 0)

Treatments: 1h05 (self): on the increase; GABA good, loins so-so (fw: 55’)

Effects of 750+!!!500mg GABA, 3x290mg passiflora: good

Taking more helped get back to sleep properly. Caused more un-stiffness getting up from everything. Can’t say my muscle tone is that relaxed, altho on a certain level I am. My face muscles still need extra relaxing tho. As we went to my grandchild, I cdnt test myself at TT, but actually I’m starting to think that maybe it doesn’t matter too much, as I don’t have to do much tough stuff at work which I’d compared the TT-precision to.

Effects of acupressure - on loins: so-so.

In the evening my lower back was getting on my nerves. The skin has partly recovered. It was good at night, but sitting at work and then at home was hard, so I prefer leaning against my couch, legs to one side.

Physio-type self-treatments: 66': more stretching is new, fibro-work 1h05

:white_check_mark: AuTr 5’, Timing, cold shower 2x(10’), neck 1+ 2’, palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, V 1’, twist-stretch 20’, gums 3x30’’, thumbnail 10x30’’, = 66’…
:x: hunchback-hard-cushion ‘, workout 7’, neck 2 1’, yoga ‘, loins 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: 10’ 9:50: 20’ 15:00: 15’ 15:25 10’ 19:10: 10’ = 1h05…

Development:
I need to analyze my sitting more using a sitting diary. Acupressure may help, but yesterday it was sposed to do something for my lower back, which was actually OK at night. But at work I’ve started putting a soft cushion on a hard bench I sometimes sit on, which however didn’t improve it at all, actually may have even worsened it, as I can’t remember having come home of late with it this bad.
We cycled to my grandchild 30’ there, 30’ back (together, so slowly due to the heat, my wife is having more problems with it than me). Despite it supposedly being my best bike, I noted pain in hands (2), backside (4) and feet (2-3). The latter was :new: to me. Backside’d be the sitting and/or lower back problem so all cycling times’d belong in the “sitting diary”. It might also be a question of changing my saddle, even if the one that’s one it is expensive: That doesn’t make it good for me.
At my grandchild’s I made sure I didn’t sit, but lay down as much as I cd - kneeling or crouching wasn’t a good alternative…

My blog-summary

Abbreviations & explanations

Entries start with night meds & sleep, before activities & treatments, because the “night before” is vital. So Fri-day starts with Thursday night, the night before Friday.

Pain "7" = crying (/out) point; my 1 is others 2-3, and due to pacing/treatments

My wife says my 7 is other people’s 12. 1 is probably 2-3. Due to pacing, keeping work down to 25% (12h/wk) and all my treatments (acupressure, GABA) and physio self-treatments I manage to keep getting my pains & Ache down quickly. 3 usually means the Ache, not pains; these I address individually, often automatically and on the fly now, e.g. twist-stretching everything or something specific after getting up.

TIME DATA, e.g. ' = mins, h = hours, 18:10:40', date YYYY-MM-DD

’ = mins = minutes, ‘’ = secs = seconds, h is hours as time length, 3h is 3 hours long, 3:00 is 3am, 15:00 is 3pm. 18:10:40’ means 40 minutes, starting at 18:10, = 10 minutes past 6pm up to 10 to 7pm. The date is the logical digital standard: YYYY-MM-DD.

SLEEP: slp, w, lbu/LBU, RLS, p, i

slp = sleep; reasons for getting up: w = (a)wake, lbu/LBU: lower back unrest (‘RLS’?), p: pee, i: ideas.

ACTIVITIES: TT, e.g. "5:1"

TT = table tennis, 5:1 = score, usually showing how well I’m feeling: energy, relaxedness & alertness if the first number is much higher than the second.

SELF-TREATMENTS (about everything else...)

The self-treatments listed are only things that I’m spotlighting & rewarding myself for at the mo by counting them; much of what I do at night is self-treatment to get back to sleep or alleviate (1-2h/d), certain regular movements at daytime, like twist-stretching (30’), writing this blog is self-treatment (30’-60’/d), and the further fibro-work is an indirect form.
Self treatments are usually preventative or always have the same positive effect (e.g. cold showering improves Ache and sleep) - at least I do them for that - and I use “:arrow_forward:” to show what I’m doing to alleviate something and mark it off in the details “:white_check_mark:/:x:” whether it works well enough for a time or doesn’t’, e.g. Ache :arrow_forward: cold fast shower “:white_check_mark:
fw = fibro-work, meaning reading and writing this blog, the reference base, on 4 fibro-forums and researching fibro-stuff on the web.
AuTr = Autogenic Training (usually to actively get - back - to sleep, so counting it as sleep and AuTr…),
cold/FCS = Flash Cold Shower (20’’-60’’) , I count it as 10’ tho.
breath-hold/WHM-B-H = Wim Hof Method Breath-Holding,
Neck 1 is stretching top right to bottom left, vice versa & sky/ground, neck “1+” is stretching far further diagonally downwards, neck 2 is pressing my head against my hand “without moving”, left right and front.
loins = loins/groin = stretching the ligaments there.
ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,
RR = bp = blood pressure (Riva Rocci), plus pulse. Used to be normal, plus sometimes white coat syndrome, went up since fibro, seems to have gone down again, but I’m still sort of on meds, candesartan 16mg, instead of 8mg plus lercanidipine, cos I saw that c. has less side effects.
:new: “V” for loins = lie on back, legs up and let legs fall to sides;
:new: twist-stretching more for the loins