Natural remedies

Hello, I’ve been prescribed lyrica, cymbalta, savella, and several other meda, but I don’t wanna take any more meds. I already take 4 medications for other reasons and don’t want to take more. I’ve read vitamin d and Sam-e is helpful for fibro. I’m also thinking about acupuncture. Any tips? Tried anything that you think is worth a shot? Thanks!

I agree with you on the meds

ELPEDHI ITS SUZYQ IVE TAKEN ALL MOST EVERY FIBRODRUG.NOTHINGS HELPED.MY PHYSICAL THERSPIST PHYSICSL THERSPIST ASSISTSNT AND MY RHEUMI NP PERSCRIBED GENTLE STRETCHING EXERCISES AND AQUA THERAPY EXERCISES.MY DR ALSONPERSCRIBED 2000 MGS OF VITAMIN D.HOPE THAT HELPS.

Hi. I accidentally fond a Homeopathic med at Walgreens one day. It is called Temporary Fibromyalgia Pain and Discomfort Releif. You put the tablet under your tongue and let it dissolve. I posted about it when O found it and said I would update after I tried it for awhile. Well I have been on it for about six weeks or so. It definitely does help me. Now I have not been brave enough to stop my prescription meds yet. That will b my next step. I think it is worth trying for sure.

Hi Charlotte

Massage and yogi have helped me a good bit. Your doctor can check your vit d level and prescribe a dose if its low mine stays low and I have started back on a dose. Water therapy has also helped a lot.

Thanks for the tips. I’m currently taking vitamin d . I also find aqua therapy helpful. I’m going to check out Walgreens. Any other tips?

hello charlotte. stress reduction(meditation, visualization), stretching, chair yoga helpful unless my other challenges keep me from them. have doc check vit D, magnesium levels. I also supplement chelated zinc and plenty omega 3 fish oil or krill oil. CLEAN DIET most helpful for me. no additives, unnatural colors, msg etc. organic foods if possible. (allergic to everything it seems) stay hydrated well with filtered water.

basically lifestyle change to healthy as possible without overdoing. like autoimmune diseases, fibro will flare sometimes no matter how much we are doing right. meds no help to me, but everyone is different so do what works for you.

Charlotte..I have recently discovered acupuncture. My hip is where my worst pain is and after just 2 sessions my pain was reduced probably 75%!! I continued to go for 3 or 4 more sessions and other than an occasional flare up the pain is almost gone. ( I'm nervous just saying those words!!) So if you decide to try acupuncture please make sure they are licensed and that they understand that they must be extremely gentle with you. Much luck to you. Kayla

A diet pretty close to the arthritis anti-inflammatory diet is helpful. Are you gluten allergic or sensitive? Dairy? I would check those all out. I eat way too much of whatever I want. I want someone to tell me how on earth the stay on the very restrictive diets. I haven't been any good at it yet.

I love acupuncture for my fibro. I found a great lady who does many types of treatments in one visit. Not only acupuncture, but aroma therapy, cupping, massage and so on. She offers chinese medicine too, but I haven't gone there yet. The thing about acupuncture is you have to go frequently.

Massage works really well, if it's done properly. Warm water "arthritis certified" pool therapy is great.

I am still on several meds, but have been able to keep doses pretty low.

Kitty

We have a wonderful member who has posted regarding supplements. She has done extensive research. I copied her comments in one of our discussions a while back. Follow this link.

Sheila W, miss you.

http://forum.livingwithfibro.org/profiles/blogs/supplements-by-sheila-w

Hi Kitty:

I also find warm showers and hot tubs very helpful. I do some mild water stretches and leg exercises in the tub.

This helps while I am in the warm water and for a few hours after. I am on way too many pain meds. Have you heard of using SAM-e to help with fibro & osteoarthritis?

Hi Pam. I haven't used it myself YET. Check out the link in my comment below. It does help some people with depression and seasonal affective disorder. :0)

Here's a couple of past discussions with great resources. Check out these links.

http://forum.livingwithfibro.org/forum/topics/supplements-we-take-tha...

http://forum.livingwithfibro.org/forum/topics/alternative-physicians-what-they-do-vs-conventional-mainstream