Weather

So this is my first attempt at posting. Once again on the east coast of Canada we are in the middle of another snow storm. Is it just me or does any one else feel even worse than usual during bad weather. I am sore all the time but I find these days even worse. Just curious.

Yes. It's not so much the temperature, but the changing of it. I can handle about a 20* shift, but more than that will make me flare. I was in Phoenix AZ. last summer. I would go from 110* into a house with air conditioning & I would feel something close to charlie horses. I also have a problem with cleaning supplies. Oddly, doesn't bother me the day I clean, but the day after.

Hi Angela,

I’m in the northeast US and it’s been snowing all day. We have had over 90" of snow this year and February was the worse winter I have ever seen. Days like this cause major pain for me.

Can’t wait for spring to get here.

Gentle hugs.

QW

We have had over 7 feet just since the end of January... It feels like I am carrying someone on my shoulders , along with the increase in pain...not a good combination. Its good to know I am not the only one... Thanks

Hi,

I understand what you are saying about the weather. Every time the barometric pressure changes at all I go into a flare and I end up in bed and cannot get up. Can I just say, I hate that! My husband always says, that is such a strong word but I mean it in a strong way when it comes to a flare up. So if that word offends anyone, I am very sorry but I hope you understand.

Thanks for listening,

Jackie S

Hi,

I live in Michigan so I understand. The winter has been pretty bad on me. As Jackie S. stated, the barometric pressure does seem to be an issue and can put me down for the day. Also, humidity. It already drains you, but with Fibro it is much worse than it used to be. Thunderstorms, for whatever reason, are the bane of my existence these days. I can barely move during them. I'd say weather is definitely a factor. I agree with the other comments also.

I'm so happy I don't live where you are right now... I can't take the snow, it causes too much pain for me. In Belgium, spring is coming up and the better weather is really doing it's job for me. I do not only feel better, but the pain is less strong and I have less pain attacks.

I'm sorry you have these days during bad weater... It must be hard, but I find taking a hot shower or curling me up under an electric blanket, a bit helpful.

Stay warm and stay strong,

Hugs

According to the news tonight, there has been 15 feet of snow fell since December.. That is more than enough. lol

I live in Western Canada, we've had it a bit easier than you guys !!! We may not have had the snow but we have had a lot of temperature fluxuations. It can be -20 one day and +3 the next...brutal. For the last few years pressure changes have got me bad. Curiously, if we drive through mountain passes I feel it too - I am in northern BC and when we go to Vancouver we go through two...I am a wreck by the time we get there (long drive as well).

In the last 3 days we've gone from a barometric pressure of 99 to 103.5....*sigh*

I think living on the coast would kill me (lol)....rainy days all over.

Angela M I'd like to thank you for posting this. I am new to this site & still trying to learn my way around. It sounds horrible to say I'm glad other experience this too. But it's more about knowing I'm not completely crazy. I now have a few new coping skills to try too :) I already love this group & wish us all a cure.

Whoops...new to this forum....didn't realize there was more than one page to this thread !

Northernelf said:

I live in Western Canada, we've had it a bit easier than you guys !!! We may not have had the snow but we have had a lot of temperature fluxuations. It can be -20 one day and +3 the next...brutal. For the last few years pressure changes have got me bad. Curiously, if we drive through mountain passes I feel it too - I am in northern BC and when we go to Vancouver we go through two...I am a wreck by the time we get there (long drive as well).

In the last 3 days we've gone from a barometric pressure of 99 to 103.5....*sigh*

I think living on the coast would kill me (lol)....rainy days all over.

Hi Angela, Im in Ottawa but from NS!! All of my family is back east so I have been watching your weather closely and I am sure the weather is really impacting you right now with the ups and downs.. and the tons of snow! Hugs, thinking of you! Glad to see someone from home on this site. (Under difficult circumstances)

It has been terrible.. There is no end to it. Thanks...I am really enjoying the site, everyone is friendly and helpful...it is great. What is your weather like in Ottawa
Ticklefrom said:

Hi Angela, Im in Ottawa but from NS!! All of my family is back east so I have been watching your weather closely and I am sure the weather is really impacting you right now with the ups and downs.. and the tons of snow! Hugs, thinking of you! Glad to see someone from home on this site. (Under difficult circumstances)

Cold!!!! I can't wait until the weather gets better!!

Angela M said:

It has been terrible.. There is no end to it. Thanks...I am really enjoying the site, everyone is friendly and helpful...it is great. What is your weather like in Ottawa
Ticklefrom said:

This is what we have been dealing with here ....its a lot of snow

Wow! I am sending warm thoughts your way! Hang in there and wrap up in an electric blanket. Hugs.

Angela M said:

Hi , im in uk , the weather changes effect me so much , I am bad in the winter but spring and summer floors me , my M.E is debilitating , hugs angie xx