What pain medication do you take?

Soonrsmile: OMG! I take 30 mg of Lyrica 2x a day and I don't pay anything for it. I can't believe you have to spend so much. Thanks for the info about the increase because I was thinking of asking my doctor if I should increase my dosage because I feel like I am becoming immune to it, but may not do so now. Not so sure it is helping anyways. Would have to stop it entirely to find out, but scared to do that! Do you yourself find that the Lyrica works?

JoJo

Thanks Pat,

I think I'm going to have to make sure I spell some of these correctly before I show the doctor too! I've had this 7 years now and gave up asking 3 years ago due hitting s brick wall with all of my "care" team. But I am so fed up taking tramadol that doesn't work and makes me feel sick instead, that I never really take it. But thanks to all the help here, I think there's a good chance things shouls start looking up.

Jo xx

I fricking doubt it JoJo! Lol. I just spent ages trying to find the "right light" and go mental on the make up and I'm still ugly but, oh well, I try to be pretty on the inside instead. So please put up a piccie.

As for the chocolate, you're absolutely right there! But I am stubborn and stupid because I have a binge eating prob which means I shove a ridiculous amount of chocolate, cookies and cakes etc into my face for whole days at times. I will then spend most of the night doubled up in the bathroom, and do I learn? Stupid question.

I find that over time -Fibromyalgia side effects have included acid reflux and barrots syndrome are from the years of ingesting tons of pain killers like aspirin .ibuprophen.tylenol …percocett-Vicodin and any other drug for desperate pain relief.then I got tachacardia from severe pain because it hurt so bad I was out of my mind…high blood pressure from pain so severe it just wouldn’t stop …no one should ever ever have to suffer like that! What in gods name is this fibromyalagia . I am sorry for all of you and know how it hurts…

Thank you and bless your heart Sky fish.

I find it interesting that you ask the question - " I don't understand why your government doesn't want this kind of system." We are supposed to be governed " by the people" but everyone I talk to thinks we should have a health care system like Canada and the UK. Seems BIG INSURANCE has too many polititions in the pocket and these companies are making A LOT of money on this system. Money and profits over the lives of people. I often wonder how these people are able to sleep at night. ( when Fibro sufferes can't !!! ) Disgusting !!

I'm sorry Jo, I didn't mean to take your original very serious question and turn it into a political stance, but for us here in the States that's what it has come to. The richest country in the world, that makes people file for bankrupsy because they get sick. So sad.

Hi Jo, I would say for the most part you have an advantage, BUT I have Psoriatic Arthritis and belong to that group. This is an autoimmune disease that Canada wants to see in blood work, but the percentage of that happening is very low. There are people who need biologics, to slow the progression of this disease, and are suffering not able to get them, even after knee replacements.

It is a cure, it is very high in magnesium!

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-magnesium.php

How are you Kit?

Yes you're right and its good to talk about our governments and healthcare system. It is totally relevant still and good to learn from other countries etc. It's true what you say. They don't necessarily want to change the system because some may stand to lose a lot of money. They don't care about everyone else. As long they are filling their pockets then sod everyone else. I don't know how these a-holes sleep at night knowing that people are suffering and dying because of they're own selfishness. Shame we don't know where they live.

Thats ridiculous too isn't it. Also, I don't know if you have the same problem there, but in this country they don't do hip or knee replacements until you are retirement age, because they supposedly only last 10 years. So you can't work because of the pain for years, then they help you out when you're of the age you can't go back to work!! What the .... is the point of that?!!

Well, you know by the time my Mother-in-law had a hip replacement, because they told her she wasn't ready yet, she was almost beyond walking. Turns out after all the suffering she went through, that the same Orthopedic Dr told her she was the worst he had ever seen. She went through this ordeal in her 80's, her feet were already starting to turn in and curl up, IMHO, it was too late. They had her doing gruelling exercises before and after. She was diagnosed 'back in the dark ages' with childhood RA, so you know it was bad!

Awww bless her. RA is just awful.

Oxaprozin worked well for me. Now I use Meloxicam for arthritis pain. I think I may ask to switch medications because Oxaprozin worked better.

No answer ?

Ohhh no it was some bitch at a shop he asked to help pack his bags. Bless ya!

Oh, goodness! So sorry! I mistakenly thought that everyone knew the story that Mike, one of our posters, posted here. He had an awful run in with a shopkeeper who was incredibly rude and disrespectful to him because he asked for help packing his bags. He was quite disturbed by the encounter.

Very sorry to have been so unclear on the reference.

Jo, I know that when you crack a joke, you make me smile - or even roar - which takes away the pain. You ever thought of making a career of this? Humor as therapy for the chronically ill...think about it.

You help take my pain away too which is good all round then. Theres a few others on here that just get the tears rolling for laughing too.

That would be a cool idea for a job, except I waffle too much and most of what comes out of my brain takes time to sort out on here lol. And I have to clean it up a bit...

I guess I could get some practice though. And a few more sleepless nights because I think the insanty helps. Some of the funniest people in the world that I love to watch on TV are a bit nuts.

I'm glad you cleared that up for me - thanks. Because you know the funny thing is the pharmasist that gave me a hard time - his name is Mike ! I thought, how does Petunia know about Mike ? Is she following me ? LOL. Maybe I should back off the meds - maybe they're making me paranoid ! LOLOLOLO. Hope you weekend is going well. Peace.

Lol. Aw bless. I get "fibro paranoia" too. Well thats what I blame it on like everything else. I'm glad that cleared it up though. Have a great week too!