Why You Hurt From Head to Toe

This short, informative article is an eye opener, and could be printed and given to your family members and friends (or emailed) that don't believe or understand the severity of your pain.

http://www.fmnetnews.com/free-articles/article-samples/why-head-to-toe-pain

Enjoy!

Sheila

Just read this article to my boyfriend. His response "well *that* kinda blows..." Yeah XD it kinda does.

Sheila, the article is BRILLIANT. This is probably THE most important discovery in regards to fibro and I hope that everyone with fibro takes the time to read it. They really shouldn't miss this.

Yes, such a new scientific finding right Petunia? I'm printing it off to show my Dr.

I want to do the same thing. I mean, it really explains what's fueling fibro pretty much, doesn't it?

Thank you so much for printing this article.

THANKS FOR THE ARTICLE IM GOING TO PRINT THIS ARTICLE FOR MY RHEUMI AND MY PRIMARY MY RBEUMIS 3 HOURS AWAY AND I HAVE RBE RHEUMI TAKE CARE OF THI GS WHEN TBETEA SOMTHING WRONG WHE. I WAS I. SO MUCH PAIN I COULDNT WALK AND HAD TO LEAVE WORK ON OCT 25 I WENT TO THE PRIMARY AND THEN CALLED THE RHEUMI AND TOLD HIM WHAT HAD HAPPENED I ALSO HAVE ALL THE RBEUMIS DRSXNOTES FROM EACH VISIT SENT TO TBE PRI.ARY I LIKE TO KEEP HI. I FORMED AFTER ALL HESXTHE PRIMARY. OTH DRS HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER TO TSKE. ARE OF ME RBEIR PATIENT

Hi Sheila,

This takes the 'substance P' theory even further, as far as offering an explanation for the continued all over pain. Thanks for posting this for us. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substance_P

I see someone posted asking for recommended books on Fibromyalgia, I know you can offer several.

Hope you are well!

Love and hugs,

SK

Oh? If you find the person or discussion asking about Fibro books, let me know and I'll share a few. A similar discussion started this week on the lupus group, so I have my choices picked out already. My choices help with every type of chronic illness..

Laurie, from Reno NV, her discussion is currently on page 1.

This explains so much. I don't get how doctors who want to call themselves doctors refuse to accept that its real with this kind of research.

All I can say is if you have a Dr with a closed mind about Fibro, keep looking, they will do you no good, only frustrate you! Either that or ask them for a better diagnosis that explains what is happening to you! My Chriropractor does not like the term Fibromyalgia, as he feels there is not a solid universal definition for it, so he defined it as myofacial pain syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myofascial_pain_syndrome

I've had good and bad. Right now inbetween. Mostly though I find myself running into stories or ppl who've experienced said sort of doctors and it really makes me mad. To be that biased that you can't recognize something regardless of the evidence is terrible ignorance and truthfully I don't want any Doctor like that around me.

OK Thanks

thank you Sheila, I'm not sure that I fully understand what it saying but, I printed it out and have been having a hard time concentrating lately. so I'm going to read it over a few times.

Great article! I printed it to take to my next doc appt. Thanks Charlie :)

Sheila, thank you for this article. I'm pretty new to these boards and I really appreciate the connection to fmnetnews.

You're very welcome. Thanks to all who have expressed appreciation. I am so excited to get this to as many doctors as possible, especially the ones who were taught 25+ years ago that Fibro is just a name the put on complainers, and they have not learned anything new about it since then.Those doctors are very rude to fibro patients and often disregard their complaints at all.

Sheila

Sheila,
Thank you for posting this awesome article, definitely the best one I have read !!! Finally something that makes sense… I’m so optimistic that they are getting closer to a real explanations.

Thankyou
Hugs & blessings

Yes sweetangelcamaro, this article is a bit technical for newbie. Essentially it's saying that the very chemicals that your brain sends to your body to kill pain is causing MORE pain because of the faulty way our pain receptors work. There is nothing wrong with our arms or legs or wherever we feel the pain. It is an issue with the pain center of the brain, which will cause pain everywhere, and we feel pain 5 times stronger than normal people. We have 5x the normal amount of a chemical called Substance P, which indicates pain to the brain. So when we stub our toe or have aches from the flu, or have surgery, it is 5 times worse than for others. So no wonder people don't understand our pain, right? I have seen many people here whose doctors have said "You should not be hurting this much!" Yeah, we shouldn't, but we are, and we need to educate our Doctors about this, which is why this site is so great. We seem to learn more here than any one doctor knows. I would suggest one little story to share with family members, it's been mentioned here before I'm sure, it's called the Spoon Theory and gives a glimpse into how our lives differ from other people's and helps them understand just a little bit more. We who are fans of the story are called Spoonies, and if you see any comment about "spoons", such as "I need more spoons today" or "i'd loan you more spoons if I could" or even spoon jewelry with the fibro ribbon, etc. it's in reference to this little story made to help loved ones understand. You can read it at www.tinyurl.com/spoontheory2.

Also, the best book on earth about fibromyalgia was written by a Dr. with fibro. It lists every possible symptom and has diagrams of why they happen, and it has chapters about how to deal with every part of your life with this illness. People who have it call it their Fibro Bible. It's called "Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain Syndrome" by Devin Starlanyl M.D. You can get used good condition ones at www.amazon.com or other bookstores online, because the new ones are a bit pricy because they are similar to a text book but written in easy laymen's wording.

Best wishes!
Sheila

Dee, I agree! We are no longer "the mystery disease" or just the diagnosis they give anyone with any illness whose blood tests are all negative. More and more scientific evidence that is specific to only fibromyalgia is coming up all the time.

Sheila