6 weeks post-op and great news!

Hi all,

Thanks again to everyone who sent well wishes and prayers during the last few months. I am now six weeks post-op and got an excellent report from the surgeon on Monday. He said my barium swallow looked almost normal and that it was hard to tell that I had had surgery at all. He lifted all restrictions except that I still can’t eat potato chips for 3 months. Yippee! I will have another barium swallow in three months and then in a year but can have them done here in Dothan so no more brutal one day trips to Atlanta. The only way I will have to go see him in person is if there is a problem. So, I took him and his office staff cookies and a thank you card. Nothing like making some cholesterol inducing, heart attack making cookies for the staff at the Piedmont Heart Institute. LOL

The other hopefully good news is that there is a new rheumatologist here in Dothan and I have an appointment on Dec. 11th. She is 37 and from New York (don’t ask me why she moved to Dothan- maybe she is nuts). I am hoping that her relatively young age and big city background will make her more up to date on fibro so I can get on with some better treatments and get on with my life!

Have a great day/night/week…

MB

This is good news, MB! Yipee! I'm so very happy for you and tremendously relieved! Behave yourself and be welll! LOL!!

Seriously? You know better than to tell sweet, angelic me to behave! LMAO

MBP,

Congratulations! You must be extremely happy and relieved to have the lump gone with no harm done and no problems from it. And to be able to eat again!!! Yaaaaay!!! That is AWESOME!

And I wish you luck with your new rheumy. Let's hope that she is up to date on fibro, as you wish, and can help you with better pain mgmt. If she tells you anything new, please feel free to share it with us.

Thanks, Petunia. Have a great one!