Advice

Hello,
I am new and I just want to say I am so sorry for all of you. This Fibro is Horrible!!! I have been diagnosed not to long ago and been dealing with it for God knows how long. It’s just hard to get through daily activities and even take care of my precious Son. God has been faithful to see me through thank God. Any suggestions on pain medicine? What kind has the Docs perscribed you and helped you?

Hi Janelle and welcome to the group/family (smiles).

I see a pain management dr and he has me on 4 mg. of dilaudid ( a type of morphine) 3 times day for mine. I've also had good luck with percocets. I get nerve blocks done every 2 months as well but, they only help a little.

...This is going to sound odd but, Pamprin helps me too. Yea, you read that right. I've been taking that as I needed it ever since I had a back surgery in 1991. Just taking it once doesn't do much but, if I take it for a whole day (as directed) or a couple days in a row -- I can tell the difference.

Hot baths with epsom salts helps too. For more painful areas, you can rub Vicks Vapor Rub on it and that will help to alleviate the pain as well. Vick's has eucalyptus in it which is a natural pain reliever and muscle relaxer. I buy pure eucalyptus oil and I use that but, when I run out then I use the Vicks.

I hope this helps you and gives you some ideas of things to try. I am going to tell you though -- On my days where the pain is just too overbearing..... Resting with a heating pad is the only thing that will give me some relief.

A little word to the wise, in a matter of speaking of course (ha ha) --> Don't ever feel guilty if you need to take a day or more just to rest. The body heals better in it's resting state. And, we don't do ourselves any justice by continuingly pushing ourselves when we can't. Always rest and relax whenever you feel you need to. Even if it's only for 1/2 an hour, it helps (wink).

Ben :)

Thanks for all the advice. It just gets so hard sometimes to even keep up with my 15 month old. I font gave really any support except 1 person who use to have it. My Husband doesn’t understand. Ugggh tight? Sorry don’t mean to complain. This degenerative disk disease in my back it hurts to sit stand bend. Just rediculous! Thanks for hearing me out. Only Jesus can really help me.

Thank you so much for the advice! It’s so hard to rest when I have a 15 month old and a demanding Hubby who don’t understand and support me. I am not trying to bash my husband because I don’t want to disrespect him. But rafts tge way it hoes:(

But that’s the way it goes!

Yes horrible! Gabapentin, Tizanidin, Etodolac and sleep aide is a must.......

Feel better!

Savella, Mobic, robaxin, Tylenol 2, and Trazodone with Lunesta for sleep. The pain is down to a manageable level with this but the docs are still tweaking the meds.

Hopefully they can find the right mix that will work for you. Welcome!

Thank you:)

I am so sorry to hear the medicine didn’t work for you:( and thank you:). I am breastfeeding still and I don’t know if any of those are safe:( do a

Thank you:) my Baby is 15 months old but I am sure it’s still not safe:(. I was wondering if any of you all get dizzy because of the Fibro?