Can sleep need help

I tried everything and nothing is helping sleep. Can someone let me know what kind of teas work to help me fall to sleep. Thank you

I myself have to use Rx Meds to put me to sleep. Here are some “sleepy” teas: Valerian, Catnip, Lavender, Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Peppermint & Hops.

Chamomile tea helps me. But I also have to take a prescription drug to sleep. Good luck with your diagnosis.

Valerian root, chamomile and hops works great for me. I use to take melatonin pills until I found out that if you have RA it is not good to take. I have RA on top of fibro. I have recently, that is to say the pass few days, have been taking amitriptyline. It seems to be helping. But, I still wake up due to the pain. Does any one have a suggestion on how to deal with the pain at night.

Hi, sleep has been an issue for me and I have tried many herbs and supplements. One supplement that I take us magnesium. I haven’t noticed a big difference with magnesium or the various herbs I have tried over the years but a lot of people say magnesium really helps them. The one thing that helped my sleep dramatically was giving up caffeine. I wasn’t drinking a lot of coffee, but I was drinking at least 3 cups a day and giving that up changed everything. I still don’t sleep well and I wake up a lot, but my sleep is much better. I used to have a lot of nights where I did not sleep at all and now I get some sleep every single night. I have also used melatonin and that has been super helpful. I build up a tolerance to it, so I have to go off of it every few months and let it completely clear my system and then when I start taking it again, it works well for a few months. I’ve heard a lot of warnings about the dangers of melatonin, but for me it’s worth it because I feel so much better when I get sleep.

Hi everyone. Benadryl sometimes and Ativan at other times help me get some sleep and simply emptying my mind by concentrating on my breathing. But even though I get 7 to 8 hours of sleep I am too often thoroughly exhausted in the morning because of the pains invading my sleep. So, for me most times, it isn’t a problem of getting sleep as it is the quality of sleep. Opiates have no effect on me and I have such adverse reactions to so many beneficial medicines that not even the edge can’t be taken off the pain.

Hi Naomi.
I noticed that Fllinstone said you shouldn’t take melatonin if you have RA (I didn’t know that), but I recently read that the reason melatonin doesn’t work for some people is because they take it too late in the evening. It should be taken 2 to 4 hours before bedtime.
What works for me is to only sleep when I’m sleepy, because if I’m wide awake, nothing I’ve tried helps me sleep, no matter the time of day. I usually sleep for a few hours, when I’m sleepy, and if I wake up, wide awake, I get up and work (we’re self employed, so this works well for me), and when I get sleepy or tired again, I sleep for a few more hours.
I’m feeling more rested than I have in years.

I have to take 2 Lyricas and a Cymbalta to fall asleep at night. I take them at least one hour before bed. I eventually get drowsy and can fall asleep.

I recently bought a tea which has 60% valerian root, 20% chamomile, 14% licorice and 6% lavender in it. Puts me to sleep nicely on most days.