Ear and neck pain

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had problems with ear/neck pain.

I have for the past month and it's really getting depressing. One day

I think it's getting better but the next it's right back.

Dr. thought I had a sinus infection so put me on antibiotics, he said

that my ears weren't infected but were vacuumed.

I also have humming in my left ear which I've had for a long time.

Seems to mostly be on the left side of my neck and head around the

sternocleidomastoid area.

I also have a lot of sweating and night sweats.

I have to move in a week and am becoming really upset about this

whole thing.

If anyone can share some things with me I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks and have a good day everyone.

Rose.

Hey Rose,

I am so sorry to hear about all of your pain. I have also experienced a lot of pain in my neck, and at random my ears will ring or start throbbing for no reason. I am still unsure of why this happens or what causes it, but I just want you to know that you are not alone.

I asked my rheumatologist about it once, but all he said is that with fibromyalgia being so multi-faceted, it could be another symptom of the disease. Hang in there.

Blessings and prayers

Hi, I to get really bad neck and ear pain, some days I can not physically hold up my head my neck hurts that much. And I get a really sharp pain right in my ears and also my jaw which clicks and pops. After nine months of doctors telling me there’s no infection in my ears one said my ear pain is most likely coming from my jaw and being cause by tmj.
Hope you doing ok.

Hi Rose!

I'm so sorry that you are going through all this.

I get night sweats, too. It seems like they're worse when I am over-fatigued when I go to bed, and then as I get rest, my body heats up. I am learning to take a nap when I get really cold. I always wake up warm or hot. Now at bedtime I am wearing lighter nightclothes and layering my bed with an afghan. As I get warmer, I kick it off the bed and fall asleep again.

I do get occasional ringing in one ear, and sternocleidomastoid muscle tension (with trigger points that make spasms worse). I don't know if it would help, but I had a physical therapist tell me to apply a little bit of moisturizer on each side with the opposite hand. Massage all the way down from behind the ear down to the collarbone, using the opposite hand. This isn't totally effective, but it has helped me with a lot of neck tension.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your move, too!

Hugs, Scribelle

Dear Rose,

Sorry you have all of this to deal with, with a move on top of it! Very stressful!

I can certainly relate to the neck pain, besides my lumbar, it's the next hot spot in my body.

Here are some links that may be of help to you about your ear problems.

http://www.healthcentral.com/chronic-pain/h/fibromyalgia-and-tinnitus.html

http://www.fibromyalgia-treatment.com/ear-problems/

Hope you can get everything straightened out, and also get through this move!

Wishing you well,

SK

Rose

I had this off and on for 2 years my doctor finally sent me to an ear doctor he said my lupus firbro and arthritis had affected my inner ear. I have some hearing loss and he put me on some meds. Who would have thought these things would effect hearing. Ask for a referral to an ear doctor. I hope the move goes well.