Elimination diet

Hi everyone! I haven’t been on in a while. School resumed therefore I went back to work, between work and school for myself I’m pretty busy. Anyway, I wanted to share with all of you that I came across an “elimination” diet for fibro. Being desperate to have some relief from pain I decided to try it and I am happy to say I have had success. Of course I still deal with pain but not on the same level and since doing it I have not experienced any fatigue which for me was worse than the pain. I still have back and tailbone pain (nothing seems to ease that) I will be getting X-rays this week for that. But I am very happy that this has given me some relief, as soon as I read "being that all fibromyalgia sufferers are different it doesn’t work for everyone. Well you know what my thought was! But I have been pleasantly surprised : ) I hope you all have a great week with less pain.

Glad to hear you are better. Can you post the diet?

Hi Traci,

Glad the elimination diet has helped you, my Chiropractor recommended this to me many years ago, but it did not make a change for me, but it will to many, I know!

Glad you are getting the x-rays, hope that you will soon have some answers as well as solutions to this pain.

Wishing you well,

SK

http://www.eliminationdiet.com/index.html

http://www.eliminationdiet.com/thediet.html

Yes please post diet .

Wheat is a biggie for me. It usually takes about 3 days for the back pain to appear after eating wheat. I’ve been experimenting to see how much I can eat before the pain sets in.

Me, too! I just posted on the other thread that I'm on the Virgin Diet which is an elimination diet. I had pain within 2-3 hours of eating gluten.

The elimination diet helped me years ago and seeing brought up again I think I will give it a try again. But I would also like to add that eliminating household cleaning chemicals from being stored in the house and using them sparingly helped my brain fog and pain immensly when I first started having symtoms.I had first done this when I was having seizures from it turned out Hashimoto's thyroid causing sugar to go up and down wildly) as it had helped some then ,