Finding Dr. Right for Your Fibromyalgia

We all know how difficult it is to find a good doctor for Fibromyalgia, these are some tips from WebMD:

Finding Dr. Right for Your Fibromyalgia

Thanks Renie, good advice!

Does anyone know of a good rhuemotoligist in Santa Fe, NM?

Thanks Renie for posting this information. There are many specific articles on many areas of fibromyalgia. Probably will need more than one time slot to read and retain the full impact of this large topic.

I have been very lucky recently. My present pain doctor decided for financial reasons to close down his offices and join a new clinic, I was very hesitant! He was my guy, my doc, my go-to-man for everything! For something as simple as doing a little acupressure for a headache, to his incredible bedside manner that is so hard to find!

So when he told me of the choices...its was easy....I went with him. He is about another 15 minutes more in a different direction, in a different town, but that is okay. When I went for my first appointment, which was a basic intake, get to know ya kind of thing, I knew I would probably wait like normal...like every other new place! Imagine my surprise about this new Pain Clinic! It was made just for us! For our comfort! Comfy couches...all over. A TV, coffee and tea machines, along with a water machine. They had high tables for those who couldn't sit low, similar to bar tables. The staff was efficient and amazingly friendly.

To sum it up, I am so glad I chose to go with my beloved pain doc! I ended with the better end of the deal in my opinion. I just can't wait until tomorrow to start my "official" visits, who happens to be my old pain doc for TPIs, and after than other appointments for issues such as pain management for my medication and a possible sleep study.

I have been very lucky but I have been looking for a situation like this for 13 years when I was first diagnosed with fibro. I hope you can all find your happy place too!

Hi Cinnamin,

These are the Rheumatologists in Santa Fe that have the highest credentials, their Fellowships with the American College of Rheumatology. I hope this helps !

Murray C. Sokoloff, MD

Member Type: ACR Fellow Member
2019 Galisteo St Ste A3
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Ofc: 505-■■■■■■■■
Fax: 505-■■■■■■■■
Time Spent: Patient Care, Teaching
Disciplines: Adult Rheumatology

Vaida M. Stoik, MD

Member Type: ACR Fellow Member
Vaida M Stoik, MD
1650 Hospital Drive Suite 200