Flare?

Hi all, i am sorry i have not been on here much. I had been feeling much better after my dr added a new rx for fatigue. I also started doing PT to help build up my core so i can do more things. But after two weeks now i think they may be pushing me to hard? I am still taking my meds but feels as though i forgot them. Hurt all over. I hace had what i thought was a flare before but this takes it to a all new level. In my experience before when my fibro got worse before meds it never went back to before. Is it a flare or getting worse?
Thanks for your help, and gentle hugs to all
Momo

Start with a warm bath, add some bath salts/epsom salts (something with an aroma you really like), light some candles (they can be aromatic, too), bring in some soft music, turn off the lights, CLOSE THE DOOR, and relax for an hour (I know you're a mom, and 30 minutes will do, but the full hour is preferable if you are that uncomfortable. Your body is flared up from the strength training and this will help to lessen your discomfort). And it will make you sleep like a baby.

Best of luck to you.

BarbV

Barb V,
Thank you for the reply. I have canceled my apt with the pt until I can talk to my dr. I actually had asked her to send me thinking it would help me get into a routine and had explained to them that i have fibro. Actually asked if they had ever worked with someone with fibro before. When i started i was hoping to do some pt in the heated pool but it is not where i have been working. I just needed some help getting me started. I worried it was to much. Last week i even told them it put me down for the weekend. But the reply was to keep moving to get my blood circulating which would make me feel better.
I do enjoy the epson baths and it helps temp. Looking forward to being back to no flare normal.
I hate fibro,
Momo

Hi Mom52, I am proud of you for taking steps to feel better! I have benefitted quite a bit from PT myself. For me, the trick was finding a knowledgeable PT and we progressed VERY SLOWLY. I agree, building up core muscle strength is a good thing but for me it had to be done really slowly. I started out just one visit every 2 weeks, with home exercises in between. The plan was if anything started huring more than normal (at least for longer than a few minutes, of course doing some of the exercises caused some pain as my muscles were weak) than we backed off a little. Eventually I was down to just 1 time per month and that worked well for a long time for me. I finally stopped going last year due to time constraints but I have a lot of exercises I can do on my own. I also like Barb's suggestion of a long epsom salt bath, those are wonderful! Hugs.

Auburnm said:

Hi Mom52, I am proud of you for taking steps to feel better! I have benefitted quite a bit from PT myself. For me, the trick was finding a knowledgeable PT and we progressed VERY SLOWLY. I agree, building up core muscle strength is a good thing but for me it had to be done really slowly. I started out just one visit every 2 weeks, with home exercises in between. The plan was if anything started huring more than normal (at least for longer than a few minutes, of course doing some of the exercises caused some pain as my muscles were weak) than we backed off a little. Eventually I was down to just 1 time per month and that worked well for a long time for me. I finally stopped going last year due to time constraints but I have a lot of exercises I can do on my own. I also like Barb's suggestion of a long epsom salt bath, those are wonderful! Hugs.

I have core exersises to do at home and i will post a picture of them when i get home. I am wondering if they are different from yours Auburn, and would you mind posting also? Maybe I can continue them at home on my own terms. SLOWLY. I do feel that if i could build up my core i might could do more things when i am feeling well? For now the only exercise i am doing is going to work and the epsom salt bath afterward. Still waitting on call back from dr. Will probable hear from her today just later.
Thanks as always for listening to me grumble.
Mom52