Headache

How does everyone cope with the headaches? They are horrible. Fibro headaches are the worst and they are so difficult to get rid of. I've never experienced such a headache in my life where your entire head, cheeks, eyeballs, lips and teeth hurt. It is all you can focus on and try with all you are not to scream from frustration and pain. There are no simple remedies when it comes to a monstrous headache like Fibro headaches.

Sara

My headaches completely debilitate me and make me not able to even function. They literally feel like my head is going to explode and I’ve never in my life experienced anything like this. Ibuprofen really doesn’t help them either. My doctor prescribed me Imitrex (generic version- Sumatriptan). This is the ONLY thing to ever help my headaches. I would try it. I also use a relaxation app on my phone to help when I need to relax and lay down with a bad headache. It’s a free app called “5 minute relaxation” and is a mircle worker.

Hi Sara

Several of the members have terrible headaches. Have you been to the eye doctor lately? I had to have my glasses tinted because of light sensitivity and it has helped. Their are several medications that your doctor can prescribe that have helped some of the members. A dark room with quiet music helps also.

Sarah, Maybe you are experiencing migraines. I’ve had them for 35 years. Onset in the 20’s is common. I used to feel like there was an ice pick in my face. Talk to your doctor, I too use Imitrex and the headache is gone in an hour, whereas before I was completely nonfunctional and had to go to ER.

Hi,

Thank you for the replies and advice. I haven't talked with my doctor about it because I don't want to go on any new medications. I already feel like I'm a walking pharmacy with all the prescriptions I have currently. Light sensitivity does play a factor in it for me. When I am having a Fibro headaches, I turn off all the lights and lay down on the couch-no sound, no light, and relaxation. Regular Tylenol and Ibuprofen don't even have an effect on the headache. When a headache happens, it is all I can focus on. Luckily, I haven't had one at work, but if I did, I don't know what I would do. I'm trying to find out a trend to see if there is anything specific that triggers it. Have any of you noticed a trend or factors that contribute to a headache starting?

Sara

If I am over tired or out around alot of people for a while I will get one. Keeping a journal will help you track them.

I have headaches at least 5 times a week, they can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days! I currently am on day 3. I take a script for the migraines but it doesn’t always provided relief. I actually have lesions on my brain from the headaches. Check with your dr they can offer other meds if what u are taking doesn’t matter