Heating Pads!

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to share information on heating pads. I have a king size moist/dry heating pad with automatic shut off that I found at Walgreens for $19.99. It will cover your whole back from base of the neck to just below your buttocks. It has been such a big help. I also found a neck and shoulder heating pad at Sears for $59.00. This one is shaped to fit exactly around the back of of the neck and across the top of the shoulders.
I have essential tremor, my head goes back and forth in what I call the no no mode. My neck gets very, very tired. Although it was a bit pricey, I find I have to do everything I can to help with the Fibro pain and my tremors. I use these two every single day, it is like rapping yourself in a cocoon of warmth. The neck one is worth every dollar! You can find these on line at both Walgreens, and Sears. I sound a bit like a salesman, Lol. But truly I just wanted to share. Gentle Hugs to All, Leanne L

P.S. every time I vacate my spot on the couch my dog peanut is on the heating pads when I come back! I share with him as he has arthritis and needs TLC too!

This is good news, especially if you can time it. My Chiropractor has told me many times to never use an electric heating pad for more than 15 minutes as it kills new cells after that, and the electric blankets interfere with the body's electrical field, causing further problems.

Hi SK, wow I never heard that, but maybe that is one explanation as to why i ( many ) get worse in the winter, every feb. I am just useless, all I want to do is sleep, and the fibro seems to cause havoc, I use a heating pad hrs a day, then sleep with an electric blanket … Hmm ???

Leanne, thanks for info… I do need a new heating pad, maybe just need to limit my time on it

Hugs & blessings
dee

Hi, I agree with your chiropractor. That is why we are told, when applying heat or ice the rule is 15 mins on and 15 mins off and after injury to apply ice first. As you know our skin is the largest organ on our body and as we age our cell regeneration gets slower but it does regenerate. I do practice the 15 min rule and always apply moisturizer in the am and then again in pm. I do take pain meds but only as a last resort, therefore I use the moist heating
pads and warm water therapy.
Hydration is all so very important in cellure regeneration.

I worry much more about the affects of medications on our livers, my doctor does periodic liver function tests for this reason.