Hello. New Here

Hello, Everyone!!! I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia this past December. I had all the classic symptoms for years, but finally I was able to give them a name. I have hypothyroidism and also osteoarthritis in my knees and hands. I am 45 years old and am married with two teenage daughters. I also work 40 hours a week outside the home. I have been taking a mild muscle relaxer (Flexeril) at night for a couple of months, but am still finding it hard to get going. I am exhausted and hurting all the time. By the time I get home from work, I do not feel like doing anything. Most days the pain in my hands is unbearable. My doctor is going to do blood work to see if perhaps I have rheumatoid arthritis as well. I am so happy that I have found this site and have others to lean on who are experiencing the same things. Thanks for listening =)

Hi Blessed, I am glad you found this site as well. it's the best... I not only have Fibro but Hypothyroidism as well. I was diagnosed 2 yrs ago. I am now on several medicines, it seems to change monthly when I visit my primary care or rhuemy lol. We are still trying to get the right cocktail for my sleeping. So far nothing seems to want to work lol...Just a few tips. Nice warm soaks seem to help for a bit and also I have a heated blanket and throw close by, it seems to work just as good as a heating pad. Everyone here on this site is awesome so I am glad you are here, If you have questions please ask. Sending hugs your way, Robin

Dear Blessed1967

We are so glad that you found us. We don't have the answers, but we certainly have the experience of living with fibromyalgia most of our lives............long before we finally were diagnosed. I am so glad to hear that you are finding this site helpful. We care about and support you so do share the things that you feel you want to share. Altogether the almost 1500 members have a wealth of experience.

Love and gentle hugs

Rachel

Hi Blessed!

I’m a Fibro “baby” as well. I was diagnosed within the past year or so…I’m having a hard time remembering the month, let alone if it was 2012 or year prior, oh well…either way…baby! Lots of brain fog lately.

There is SO much to learn about Fibromyalgia and you have definitely come to the right place!
As Rachel said, we have so many members with wealth of knowledge and experience! You are not alone!
This support group is also very active, and has a chat room. I was here a few months before I finally found it! lol
It has been literally a life saver for me. Everyone here knows what you’re going through. Robin shares your hypothyroidism, I share your Osteoarthritis. I have severe osteoarthritis (and only 41) and just had a total hip replacement on my right, they are going to do the left when I’m up to it or can afford it again. lol
Someone here for sure can relate to just about anything you will face when dealing with Fibro.

Welcome and it’s nice to meet you!! :slight_smile:

Welcome blessed!

I was just diagnosed in December as well. I also have Systemic Lupus. This is a great site to learn or to get support. As others have said, there are so many knowledgeable people here. :)

Sharon

Hi Blessed and Welcome!!!
At the beginning of my journey, I was working 40+ hours as a secretary and my hands would kill me too. While we were running tests, my doctor put me on meloxicam and plus Icy Hot used to take the pain down to a bearable level so that I could work. Hope that helps!!

Thanks everyone for your replies. Nice to meet y'all. Have a great evening!!!

Hi blessed!! Glad you are with us! I absolutely LOVE this website. I felt such a sense of isolation with my Fibro for 30 years. The feeling is gone now, because I have made such wonderful friends and the support system I get is just amazing.I was in my 30's when I was diagnosed. Back then, there was no terminology for what I was going through. The doctors said it was just plain arthritis. I was so upset at first, because I just had my second and last child, and I was relatively young. So it was quite a while before I got the real diagnosis.I tell everyone on this website that Fibro is extremely challenging as the years go by. Having a support system is an absolute MUST to get you through those tough and painful days. Also. your family should understand what you are going through. If ,by chance, should a loved one not give you the support you need to get through a tough day, again, this is where your support system comes in handy, this website. For me, this website has been just wonderful to me. I am really overwhelmed by the support and friends that I have now. Keep in touch?? Hugs!! Laurie

Hello blessed!

Oh we really do understand all of this! So sorry you are suffering! Many of us have fibro with arthritis and have started a sub-group of that very title. Please join if you like, we have over 100 members, and we try to keep up on all of the latest meds and treatments for all types of arthritis, from osteoarthritis into the autoimmune arthritis types.

This group and over 40 others can be accessed at the top of the page under groups. There's also a women's group, a group on jokes and laughter, some on inspiration, others strictly information sharing. Please feel welcome to join any you choose.

I hope that you are under the care of a good general practitioner as well as a Rheumatologist, and they can find you something more substantial for your pain and discomfort.