Is There A Link Between Fibro And Thrush?

A couple of nights ago I felt a slight tingling on my tongue and thought nothing of it. The next morning I awoke to pain on my tongue and in my throat. I went to look in the mirror and there is/was a coating on my tongue. My doc said it was a yeast infection or thrush on my tongue. I have never ever had this before. And, I was diagnosed with having fibro in December. Is there a link? Will I have to constantly fight a yeast infection?

You've got me, Susan. Does your infection have anything at all to do with stress or a lowered immune system due to stress? I'm just throwing things off the top of my head.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better, Susan. I've never had thrush but it sounds yikky. Feel better soon! And I mean that. I know you've been having a horrid time of it.

Caringly,

Petunia

Susan, I found out that having a dry mouth can cause thrush. Sometimes people with fibro also have an autoimmune disease. Sjogren's syndrome is one and about 1/3 of people with it get thrush. I'm not saying that you have Sjogren's, but if you know that you do, that could be another symptom.

Thanks. This article was very helpful! If I can get it to go away, I hope it doesn't come back!

Petunia Girl, I have had a lot of dry mouth problems since I first started taking the medications I take. Thanks for your help!

You're welcome. Funny the things that come up in our conversations! So you've helped me to learn something more today. And I hope you now have a good solution to your thrush.

Hi Susan, I get yeast infections often but they say its from all my meds. I also have a bad case of dry mouth and my dentist and doctors told me to use Biotene Mouthwash. I find it doesn't always work so I keep mints handy. Sure hope you are feeling better soon, Gentle hugs coming your way, Robin

Hi Susan - This is so strange that you should bring up the Thrush discussion, because for the past few days I have been

suffering with extreme dryness of my mouth and coating of the tongue and a couple on the inside of my gums. At first

I thought I was getting Strep Throat because I have had them years ago. However, I don't have any pain, just a slight irritation and a little redness along with the coating. One thing that I have noticed though, I am getting more and more

UTI infections. I don't know if this is a correlation to my Fibro, but it seems like it. I am so happy though, to be on this website, because I have friends that always ask me to explain to them what I am going through. Fibromyalgia contains such a wealth of information and SO much information, that I can't put it into words what it feels like. Besides the Fibro,there are so many other things associated with it too. Maybe the 'thrush' is part of this, I don't know. I do know that when I see my doctor on the 11th - whatever she tells me about what's going on, I will share it with everyone on this website. Susan - please take care of yourself. Easier said then done, it's really important for you to get enough sleep and to keep up to date on what FIbro is all about. Most importantly, please have a doctor that understands what you are going through. I am stunned with the amount of doctors that don't have a clue about what FIbromyalgia is. I had to do a lot of resaearch to find one in my town. But with this website - I think we can really reach out to those that have this problem, and especially educate those that don't understand what it is.

HELLO I AM NEW TO THIS SITE BUT, I KNOW ABOUT THE DRY MOUTH ISSUE. IF YOU DID NOT KNOW THIS BUT WHEN YOU HAVE DRY MOUTH, IT CAUSES CAVITIES. SO, THIS STUFF I AM TELLING IT WILL HELP ALL THE AROUND. IT IS CALLL ORAL MOIST. TAKE ONE TABLET PLEASE IT ON THE ROOF OF YOUR MOUTH. IT IS GUARANTTEED TO CREATE MORE SLAVER.

IT IS A BIT EXPENSE BUT, IT IS CHEAPER AT COSTCO. I BUY 7 BOXES AT A TIME.

IT REALLY WORK.S

GOOD LUCK GOD BE WITH YOU

LOVE MICKEY AKA MICHELE AND SERVICE DOG RUSH

LAURIE ORAL MOIST IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER THINGS ON THE MARKET IT IS ONE OF THE MOST EFFECTIVE THINGS FOR DRY MOUTH.

TRY IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WILL LAST LONGER THAN BIOTENE.

LOVE YOU

MICHELE AND RUSH