M.i.a

I am sorry to other greeters and members that I have not been here. I had surgery on my thumb in mid-March and have been recovering. My therapist said although I am doing well it can take another 6 months to heal. Typing without my right thumb is challenging and draining. There is pain every minute of the day and I need Percocet to sleep through the night or else I have nightmares of my hand being cut up. I am very impatient with this whole recovery. A few weeks ago I had intense knee pain days on end. My x-rays indicate I have osteoarthritis in my left knee. It is odd that the pain also affects my right knee. I am only 48 years old and this seems so unfair

Hi Dozer,

Welcome back and glad to see you! : ) I'm sorry your recovery has been long and painful. I understand your frustration with being young and dealing with these conditions. I am young as well and have Arthritis pain in both of my knees, like you do. I hope you feel better soon and I am sending support your way.

Many hugs,

Sara

Hello Dozer,

Good to see you back, but sad to hear you are going thro'such a long and painful recovery time. To then discover you have osteoarthritis in your knee....as if the Fibro isn't enough! At least everyday your thumb will be getting better. I wish you well.

Take care, Anne

Hi Dozer, glad to see you! Hope you have less pain in the coming days. Take care.

Thank you Sara,

I feel much better knowing that I am not alone. I may disappear for weeks at a time but it feels like coming home when I come back, like sitting in your favorite chair. Comfy.

I had a good week. My thumb pain has diminished somewhat. I can go to sleep without Percocet finally! My knees were in very mild pain. I am so happy I survived this week without unbearable exhaustion. My friend has requested that I help watch her children since she separated and doing early mornings was killing me for a few weeks. We finally worked out a schedule (with the help of her aunt and brother-in law) that I can live with.

SaraZ553 said:

Hi Dozer,

Welcome back and glad to see you! : ) I'm sorry your recovery has been long and painful. I understand your frustration with being young and dealing with these conditions. I am young as well and have Arthritis pain in both of my knees, like you do. I hope you feel better soon and I am sending support your way.

Many hugs,

Sara

Thank you Auburnm. The warm dry days are very nice- some relief from aches and pains.

Auburnm said:

Hi Dozer, glad to see you! Hope you have less pain in the coming days. Take care.

Hi AnneV,

I realized with my hand I needed to keep things in perspective. The thumb pain was scary because I did not know if it would linger like fibromyalgia pain. I saw the physical therapist and realized my anxiety was pretty high because I asked her about 30 questions just to get some reassurance the thumb was progressing well. I saw my doctor (surgeon) as well and she eased some more anxiety by confirming what the P.T. said. I kept it immobile for the past two days except for stretches and exercise and it does feel better. Thank you.

AnneV said:

Hello Dozer,

Good to see you back, but sad to hear you are going thro'such a long and painful recovery time. To then discover you have osteoarthritis in your knee....as if the Fibro isn't enough! At least everyday your thumb will be getting better. I wish you well.

Take care, Anne

dozer, I am just seeing your post. Apologies. I just wanted to wish you speedy recovery.
Hugs,
Laurie