Medical Marijuana

In Canada, you can get a prescription for weed and then use it legally it is suppose to help the pain. Does anyone know any information on this, whether it works or not? I also have epilepsy and it is suppose to help with seizure issues too. And if you are in Canada and have any clue about the system please let me know.

Thanks

And as I saw on Canadian Dragons Den there seems so be some social issues surrounding marijuana so I am sorry if I offended anyone with this one.

Shawna, this website has tons of good info on it regarding medical marijuana:

http://medicalmarijuana.com/

I asked about this awhile ago and got quite a few responses if you would like to check it out on my page.

Dear S.G.

NO offense. In the movie “Romancing the Stone” the female lead says about smoking weed - “I know what it is. I went to College.”

Actually, medical Marijuana is legal in the US too. It’s just rarely prescribed outside California because of the immense amount of red tape Drs. have to cut their way through.

Can say I once tried some. Helped a little with the pain, helped a lot with stress, made me more lethargic. Plus, as it was the non-legally sanctioned stuff, I became somewhat paranoid.

Hi Shawna,

This is a rather sensitive subject with the founders as it is NOT legal in all states, they will decide on this topic, as to allowing it.

For now I would just like to include this link.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000398/ Many Doctors believe it can help the flu like symptoms of FM as well as the pain, however I personally will pass. Don't need to be paranoid! LOL!

Thanks so much! I haven't spoken to him about full on yet but now that I have the info, next time I will. Hugs!

Thanks! :)

Oh, was it that sensitive of a subject?

Yes, because it is NOT legal nationwide and there are kids under 18. They will remove it if it bothers them. At one time they had a sub-group for it, could do it again, if you like, and they agree!

I watched a special about this, and one woman who had damaged her lungs from smoking this, and damaged her liver with chemo treatments was given something that turned the smoke into a vapor, something like an electronic cigarette, except water was used to process it into a vapor.

This particular woman had been through cancer, and physical trauma that caused a severe case of fibro, it was very interesting, it was on HBO or Showtime or Cinemax.

My late baby brother died of Cardio Myopathy realted AIDS and he took a pill similar to this for extreme nausea, it really helped him.

Mama Suz,

unfortunately, it's not legal in all states. Like my state. Oddly enuff, I have no interest in it as a recreational drug but for pain relief? yup, you betcha!

Shawna, if you do try it for pain, would you please let us know how it works?

i'm sorry, SK. it must have been a very hard loss. What a shame.

Colorado just legalized medical marijuana. Now question is, what happens if you are driving, get into an accident, get pulled over. I'll bet it would be the same as driving while taking prescription narcotics. Drug testing for jobs could be touchy too!

I think what you said is very valid, and I think you hit all the highs and lows of it!

I live in Canada & my Dr. has prescribed medical marijuana for my Fibro pains, anxiety, and insomnia. I can tell you that it DOES help quite a bit. Not just with the pain but also seems to ease the anxiety I experience with the various symptoms of FM. The thing is to NOT use too much NOR too often. I mostly use it in baked goods--ie: cookies b/c to inhale it hurts my throat & lungs.

SK makes a good point about driving under the influence of weed...you would most likely be considered impaired. I have never taken that chance...only use it maybe once a week and only in my own home prior to bedtime.

There are a couple of people on the Dragons Den who have expressed negative remarks on the use of weed...but 'they' are speaking of people who choose to use it on a continuous basis. Thus:::'Stoners' who can't function well enough to be employable. I would call that the social issues that would be a concern.

One thing I would like to add:::it would be pretty difficult to get a Dr. to prescribe medical marijuana if it was not a JUST reason. There is a list provided to the Dr.'s of what is 'acceptable' reason for a prescription.

Glad to hear you have found something to help you, my friend!

So how are you, Geranium? How are the feet treating you lately?

Well my friend (is it Lucy or Ethel ? ha) the 'something' doesn't always do the job but at least I get some

relief. Better than nothing eh?

I'm STILL working on getting rid of that dang PF on my left foot!!!!!!!!!!! Saw a podiatrist who simply taped my foot & gave me a RX to get fitted for special anti-pronation shoes. I diligently limped, dragged myself off to the 'specialty' store and found that the blankety blank shoes cost more than my monthly mortgage payment.

No 'for sure' fix it either NOR warranty. Good Grief I say to you.

How are you doing yourself? That is just terrible about J.C. and of course everyone else so badly devastated by wicked Sandy.

Hi Geranium!

Yes, I remember researching this for you, and taping it seems to be about the best they can do for you! I know the cost of some of those shoes is just crazy, (and they certainly aren't shoes you dream of having) and no guarantee they will 'do the trick' either! More than your mortgage! Unbelievable! I wonder if the shoes we wear when we are young have something to do with the state of our bodies today!

Everyone here is fighting a bad bout of bronchitis, went to see Doc on Thursday, and even with meds just coughing our heads off, after spending a couple hundred on meds! Whew! Luckily, I did not have to go off the Enbrel, but am beginning to wonder!

It is terrible about JC and everyone who has lost and suffered so desperately! I'll try calling him in a few more days, when I can speak without coughing!

Good to see you on the boards! We miss you!

Love and hugs,

SK

Med Marijuana can be bought in health food store, I have just started using it 3 days ago and have not taken a Tylenol 4 since. It does not have the strenght of recreational stuff.. google it

Vicky

the form I take is a pill...3 a day and I will let you know how I am doing

Vicky

ps, saids its not addictive which is a plus !!

thanks for this very informative