Problems with feet

Hi to all,

I am wondering if anyone else with FM have OR are experiencing problems with their feet?

It's been a few months now with me struggling with Plantar Faciitis and after diligently doing

the Dr. recommended exercises I have managed to 'fix' my right foot.

However, I have now developed 'heel spurs' on my Left foot which are soooo painful. The Dr.'s tell me to stay OFF my feet and continue with the ice & stretching treatment....but I can't stay off my feet ALL the time.....good grief,..!!

Anybody else have this problem? I'm wondering if it's associated with the FM.

Geranium

Hi Geranium, nice seeing you here again.

I have both plus flat feet. I had inserts made for my feet and they do wonders for all of my problems. I can walk again, whereas I was lame before I got the inserts. Yes, my feet do still hurt while standing for a while but I can go out and do everything I need to do on them. The inserts are made of foam and are specially molded to my feet. Your foot doctor would need to write a prescription to have them made and recommend where to have them made. The only hitch is that they are costly: cost me about $150 four or five years ago. Oh, but they are so worth it!

Hope this is of some help to you. You could ask your foot doctor whether he thinks they would help you.

Hi & thanks for your response,

I am on here sometimes..but mostly just reading what's going on.

I've bought various array of shoe inserts plus heel cups but have been leary of looking into the specially made (for MY feet). Reason--a couple friends of mine few months ago had to pay $500.00 for orthotics (molded for THEIR feet) and they have not got any relief at all.

Yours sound different ie: made of foam. I will certainly ask my Dr. if it's possible to get some inserts made like you have. There is not much choice of anything where I live BUT I will give it a 'go' about the foam ones.

I find it strange that I never had flat feet before.....but since the FM lingers on, there are more and more changes happening to my body. Have you found this also?

Renie had previously told me about some special exercises to do which I diligently did and that managed to fix the R foot......but it won't fix the heel spurs.

Again, I thank you for your reply and will look into these 'foam' inserts. Right about now I could literally scream/screech when I step on those darn heel spurs.

G

Hi Geranium,

Did your friends have the same issues with their feet? I know that my first doctor put me into hard inserts that helped for a while then ended up hurting after about 6 months. Mine aren't exactly foam but they look and feel similar to it. Nice and comfy. Took a day or two to get used to but no more bone spur problems. However, I'd hate to steer you into something that might cost a lot and not help you. I know that all of our feet are different. But I do know that other fibro people have said they've used specially made inserts that helped. Just a thought.

I do know the pain you're in. Really a ROTTEN place to get bone spurs! Not that anywhere is a good place. But I do wonder if bone spurs and plantars fascitis are brought on by fibro. Yes, Geranium, I do find changes in my body that seem to be fibro related. Bumps on my finger joint, awful pain in the top of my neck/shoulders, waning eyesight, hearing issues, etc.

I hope the foam-type inserts cure your problem ASAP, Geranium. All I can say is that they truly have been a miracle for me and I hope you find the same for yourself.

Hello Geranium my friend,

So nice to hear from you, you are a little too far away for me to come shake your trees and rattle your windows! LOL! Wish I could, surely we could have quite the hen fest!

Glad you fixed your foot sorry about the spurs. I have them in the ball of the left foot, the ankle and also the knee, who knows what may have shown up on my spine since the last of the MRI's! I asked him about having them removed, he said it would not fix the problem. So maybe it's time to ask for better pain relief! I don't have PF, just the spurs, that is enough for me!

Wishing you some relief!

Hugs,

SK

Geez, you can't put an insole on your knee or spine UNFORTUNATELY. I never realized that they occurred elsewhere beyond the foot until you spoke up, SK. Are they caused by an excess of calcium? I wonder if they're related to kidney stones? At any rate, I'm sorry you both have them. They're nasty and I don't know of any fix for them other than the insert.

Geranium, I hope you can get some relief, my friend, have you asked for pain meds?

Ahoy..the only relief I can get is to constantly Ice that foot & stay off it. Nope...haven't ask for pain meds b/c I seem

to have developed a problem with most ALL meds now. The only thing I have been taking for both the FM

and now the spurs is Advil :( plus sometimes prescribed MM

**Petunia**--my Pharmacist assistant told me the spurs are caused (USUALLY) by calcium deposits and/or the body not metabolizing the calcium properly.

**SK** I'm hearing a lot of FM people are getting super sensitive to meds now...u hear about that?

Trust me....it is better to have the PF than the spurs...at least something CAN be done about PF.

oops...just about replied to myself. Good Grief

Yes, I have, our girl 'allergic' has some good answers on that! Talks about biofilms, and how you become resistant, possibly even sensitive and allergic! I take Phenergan about 30-60 minutes before I take Morphine, it helps!

Couldn't take the codeine, but the morphine I can, and now they are out with a new one, can't think of it, but a gal on PsA can even teach on it, has so few SE. Will have to get back to you on the name, it escapes me for the moment! Imagine that!

I am definitely sensitive to meds. I also build up a tolerance to meds really, really fast. For instance, my doc has me on vicodin for pain relief. The problem is that if I take it more than one day in a row, it stops working. I have to give it a few days before it works again. My rheum said a lot of fibro patients are super sensitive. I can't take many antidepressents, nor can I take neurontin because I get ALL of the side effects.