Total knee surgery with Fibromyalgia

I have had multiple surgeries on my knee and each surgery has increased my pain in my knee. The Dr. wants to do a total knee because he does not believe it is the fibromyalgia but the knee itself. He believes a total knee will help not hurt. So has anyone ever gotten a total knee done with no complications due to Fibromyalgia?

Hi Jodi,

I was just checking to see if anyone responded to your discussion. I see they haven't I am looking around the Groups, to see if any may be a better place to get answers. I also posted a note in the Chat Room.. hang in there!

Hi jodi

I have not had knee surgery but have had other. I found it just took me a little longer to recover. I used to work med surge and had fibro patients with fibro most said a total knee was the best thing they had done the main thing was the physical therapy afterwords. They had to start out slower and make sure the therapy person understood fibro. Let us know what you decide.

Purplebutterfly, Thank you so much for responding! I have not heard much negative around the web but I also checked with my Dr. and she brought much comfort too. I made the call today to get the knee done!! Thank you again for replying!

hi jodi. i wish u all the best and take in all the positive feedbakc, !! thats my take!!!!

HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

suzie

Keep us posted and remember to take pt slow don't let them push you to fast.

I have had both my hips replaced in the last 5-years and was diagnosed with fibro and osteoarthritis in 1997. I did not find the surgeries to cause any additional fibro issues above those I already had. Best of luck to you as I send healing energy and prayers to you for a speedy and a not too painful recovery.

Hi Jodi, I wish you great success with the surgery. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. Hugs!!!