Total knee surgery with fibromyalgia

I wanted to let as many as you know how my body dealt with a total knee surgery. I am right now on the 7th week since surgery and this past Sunday was the first day I have felt good since the surgery. At this point, I would not advise anyone with Fibro to do this surgery but that may change when I get 3 full months in. I was told that that was when most "normal" people had a reduction of pain. My Ortho Dr says that with Fibro it should just increase recovery time but not add to the pain element. Not sure my body agrees with that because I have been in MUCH PAIN. On a pain scale, I have been constant 4 and with little activity right up to a 6. But I am believing that by 3 months I will be back on this discussion with a better report.

Hope that this helps anyone deciding on a total knee or not. Do remember though that every body is different and each pain level is also.

Jodikash

Hello Jodikash,

Thanks very much for that bit of information. Will be useful for others to know, but as you say, we are all different. Hope you are not in too much pain for much longer. and the results are worth it! Please keep us updated.

Take care, Anne

Hi Jodi, I just want to send you hugs! I am sending positive thoughts your way that you will start to feel better!

hi Jodi

I also want to send you good thoughts and prayers for a good healing and recovery..

all the best!

HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS

Suzie

Hi Jodi,

Sorry that you are having so much pain. Hoping the pain will go away soon.

Gentle hugs.

QW