Work?

Hey everyone,

so I have a question for you fellow fibro fighters. Is anyone able to work despite this disability? I used to work in cosmetology (which I loved), but had to quit because the constant standing was making my fibro impossible to deal with.
Are there any job suggestions or ideas you all have for intense fibromyalgia? I really would love to be able to work again, unfortunately everytime I do I end up getting injured or having to quit because the fibro is just to intense.

Thanks for any help, I hope you all are having a pain free day!

I'm so sorry kholmes. Thank you for sharing with me. Yes maybe a secretary position? I am so afraid that once I start working my fibro will be in full swing again. I just feel like I'm in a rut and need to be more productive, the fibro just makes it so hard.

IM A WAITRESS SINCE AUGUST 24 1995 I HAVNT BEEN GOOD SINCE APRIL 21 2010 WAS RUSHED TO THE ER WITH LIGHTS/SIRENS DIDNT KNOW THE PROBLEM UNTIL FIBRO DIAGNOSIS JAN 2012 I CAN STILL WORK BUT ITS HARD CSNT WORK MORE THAN 3 CONSECUTIVE DAYS HAVE TO TAKE SEVERAL BREAKS BECAUSE IM TIRED/HOT AND SWEATY/TURNING RED BECAUSE OF THE SAVELLA I HAVE A NEW CNP SHES MUCH BETTER THAN THE DR PERSCRIBED AMBIEN SAVELLA STRETCHING EXERCISES IM GRATEFUL TO HER AND THE FIBRO GANG ILL TSKE THR SAVELLA 1 MORE MONTH THE WAY THR FIBROMEMBERS SUGGESTED SO THE SIDEAFFECTS ARENT SO BAD ITS NICE TO HAVE PEOPLE THAT KNOW WHST ITS LIKE TO BE US SND THE MEDS SIDEAFFECTS THERE ARE DRS/NURSES WHO ARE FIBRO BUT NOT ALL OF THEM HAVE A GOOD AFTERNOON/WEEKEND

Hi:

I am a registered nurse who works in home health. I am now an administrator and go into the field once in awhile. This so far has been my answer to being able to still work. When I do come home I am totally exhausted and the only thing that I want to do is climb on my bed. I find the longer I sit each day the more stiff I become, so I have noticed if I get up at least every hour and move around I can make it through the work day, yeah, I have pain but work is my distraction - if I was at home full time I believe I would just give up. I hope you find something that you can do to keep working soon!

I found a way to work from home. I work online. http://forum.livingwithfibro.org/forum/topics/working-with-fibromyalgia for details cuz i answered her question about how i work online. lol.