Anyone use lidocaine patches?

I went to the pain management doctor on Monday and he prescribed lidocaine patches among a couple other things. I used one on Wednesday when my shoulders were hurting, but couldn’t tell much of a difference. I’m not sure if the pain was just beyond what the patch could do or what. I’m trying another today on my lower back.
I was wondering if anyone else on here uses the patches and if they’ve helped your pain?

Hi , I have used lidocaine parches but they did not help me . However I have other pain that is not from fibromyalgia . I have degenerative disease of the spine which is not very responsive to many treatments .

So do not go by me . The lidocaine patches may help you and since is not invasive it is surely worth a try . All the best to you !!!

HUGGGGGGGGGGS

Suzie

I have used the lidocaine patches as well. Sometimes they help just a little bit and other times not. But hey, I'll take even the smallest bit of relief :)

-Michele

I have been having Lidocaine anesthetic treatments for muscle spasticity and tension from a nerve compression issue not directly related to my Fibro. The treatments have quite honestly broken the terrible pain cycle in my shoulders. Personally, so glad I tried this medication in the injection format.
Hugs!

I used to get lidocaine patches but they're expensive and my insurance won't cover them for me anymore, so I'm using a gel now which doesn't work as well.

What I found was that the lidocaine worked really well with very specific types of pain - mostly my lower back and sometimes neck tension pains. But on other types of pain it felt like nothing. Keep trying it and see if it helps certain areas or types if pain more than others. What it essentially does is numb the pain - so it works for things like, say, muscle spasms where you have to numb it out in order for the muscles to relax and stop making things worse, so you can stretch it out and get it back in shape. And it can help a lot with some kinds of nerve pain. But it won't do much for a lot of other types of pain like dull aches and stuff. (my totally non-medical non-expert 2 cents lol)

I use them on my back and ribs and they realy do help me.