Aqua Exercises/ Therapy

Hi! Has anyone had any benefit from aqua exercises? I did see some difference with yoga - but after I moved countries - haven't found a suitable instructor.

I googled up Aqua therapy and found a few trainers here. The person I spoke to knew what fibro was - but at $100 for a single session of 45 minutes - am not sure if I want to try it!

I need to lose some weight ( my target is 20kgs, but realistically at least 10!). I am a vegetarian and manage to control my diet as much as I can - except during major flares - when I gulp down comfort food ( read carbs and cheese cakes). The way I look at it - maybe these excesses would lead to a quick heart attack and I'll be free from pain :).. Luckily, that mood quickly passes! I can't have a regular exercise schedule for obvious reasons. I try and walk about for an hour every day ( including trips to the store and walking around the house) - but proper walks or jogs are beyond me..

Considering aqua therapy - both as a therapy and as a possible way of buring calories.

Any suggestions?

I did it as part of physical therapy when my sacroiliac went out. For that it helped. The good thing is that it is gentle enough that I didn't have problems with flare-ups and the warm water felt soooooooo goooooood! If you have good health insurance, maybe your doctor can refer you for therapy to give it a try before shelling out the money. Good luck!