Balance issues

Hi

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia over ten years ago and lately over the past eight months I have been dealing with balance issues. I fall often unless I am lucky enough to catch myself and when I am sitting my body moves forward or backwards on its own and my neck moves involuntarily as well. My new symptoms are frightening and frustrating and I just need some reassurance that others with fibromyalgia have these symptoms as well or I'm thinking maybe its something else.

Hi Cardiana29

Welcome to the group. I had balance issues due to ear problems in the past. I would call the doctor about the new symptoms if you fall again or have the involuntary movements you could go to the ER. I feel you need to have this checked soon. Please keep us updated.

hi caridana. welcome to this lovely group of supportive, friendly , loving people. In addition to fm i was diagnosed with a severe case of cfids 28 years ago. I have had balance issues, veritigo, migraines, aphashia, grand mal siezures but over the years they have finally subsided. I do see a neurologist . I had another friend with cfids who also had balance issues for several years but she has recovered from that and she is finally able to work . Please check with your doc or/and see a neurologist. Best of luck and HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS

suzie

Here is a copy of the article that talks about fibromyalgia and balance issues.

185-nihms180044.pdf (485 KB)

Hi Avenk:

Thank you very much. Hopefully, I will get better soon. I will see the Rheumatologist for the first time on October 28th and I am trying to make an appointment with my neurologist to talk about the balance issues. A lot of test have been taken but nothing has been found yet.

Thanks,

Carolina

Thanks Lovett. I look forward to learning new things and meeting new people.

Hi Suzie:

Thanks I will let you know after I speak with my Neurologist.

thanks Cardiana. will be anxious to hear about your talk with neuro.. all the best and again HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS

Suzie