Bladder problems

Morning to everyone , and warm hugs , I have just been to theurologist as having problems with my bladder , since I was diagnosed with fibro , was examined and set bladder of altogether , will have to go for a cystoscopy , and xray and scan , was just wondering if anyone else has had this done , love angie x

Morning! Yes, I've had this done and it was not fun. However, after the cystoscopy they will give you antibiotics, use them! I was diagnosed with pelvic floor muscle spasms. Good luck Angie!

Hi Angie!

I had this done in my early 20's, make sure you have a driver as they will be giving you a substantial muscle relaxant. Hopefully they will be able to give you some answers, and treatment that will lead to relief!

We;re all pulling for you, girlfriend! We want you to feel better, hopefully you're on the way!

Big hugs,

SK

Oh, Freenaz, your problem sounded very very VERY painful! Yipes! What did you do to get rid of the spasms? Is that what the antibiotics were for?

No Angie, I haven't but I just want to wish you the best during these exams and I hope they help to pinpoint what is going on with you so you can get to feeling better. There is no way in heck that a woman can feel good when her bladder area is on the fritz. So good luck with your tests and keep us updated, will you?

Gentlest of hugs,

Petunia Girl

Ty everyone x x will keep updated x hugs to everyone , love angi xx

HI angie, hope you are having a better day! Sending good thoughts your way!

Ty sk xx I hope you are ok , big hugs x had a better day , I soo appreciate the better days , xx even if its only a couple xx tc x

Hi Angie. Yes, I've had it done in 2001. I was put completely out, which was great. The urologist discovered interstitial cystitis. It causes bladder pain that feels like a bladder infection. High acid foods, coffee and soda are the biggest culprits. So if I drink a soda, I may feel like I have to go very frequently. Bad at night time. A friend of mine has interstitial cystitis also and she has taken a medication for it for a few years now. Mine improved with (I'm menopausal) minimal hormone replacement therapy, but I still have to be careful not to eat too many of the wrong things. Also, I understand that this is a common disease for people with fibromyalgia.

Sorry you have to have the testing done. That is not fun at all. But soon it will be behind you and doc will know how to treat it. I will be thinking of you.

L-Kitty

Hi kitty , I will have local anesthetic so will be awake , would rather be asleep , just hope my body behaves itself that day , did they tell you on the same day ur results xx

Yes. The urologist did tell me the same day, while I was in recovery. I think I had mine during a time when insurance paid for general anesthesia. I have a friend who just had it done with the local. It wasn't fun, but she said it wasn't awful. Just think happy thoughts and don't worry! As others have said, they will give you something to relax you.

Angie, when will you have the test? I'm anxious to hear your results, and I'm sure others are too.

Hugs,

L=Kitty

Hi kitty x im waiting to hear from the consultant , ill let you know x hopefully not long , thats what I will be having local anesthetic x

Just got a phone call having cystoscopy on the 26th march x be glad when its all done x hugs to everyone today x a week after my son has his op in same hospital , hope my body behaves x