Has anyone tried Savella?

Hi Everyone!

I am new here so pardon if this discussion has been brought up before. I am wondering if anyone has been prescribed Savella for their firbro? I was most recently on Cymbalta (for a little over a year total) starting with 30mg, no relief, then 60 mg, still no relief and then 90mg which gave me amazing relief for my depression symptoms but........after 2 months of the 90mg I had put on 11lbs. 11lbs might not seem like much but I was already a little overweight to begin with. I used to joke that I would rather be fat and happy, but when that became a reality, I started to get depressed again. The more I am depressed the stronger my fibro symptoms become. I spoke to my Dr. and we decided to wean off of Cymbalta - which was hell. Even though I followed her instructions, I was still so lightheaded and nauseas. I have been on Savella now for about a week and am having those same symptoms. I did some research and those are symptoms listed as side effects, I feel like I am running out of options. I am trying to stay positive but its really hard. My Husband doesn't understand my feelings and most days I think he thinks they are in my head, but as you all know fibro is very real!

Just hoping someone out here has a success story with Savella to share with me and will help me see there is a light shining at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for any advice or experience you can share with me. Kerry

I’ve been on savella for about 8 months now and adjusting is kind of rough. I never could tolerate the full dose of 50mg twice a day. I take 25mg three times a day. Increase the dose very slowly and it will help. It was a life saver for fatigue but I’m not sure about pain because I have RA and still have a lot of pain but it’s different pain.

I am not so sure I will be able to tolerate it either. Its only been a little over a week and it has caused me to vomit and I am on the starter pack. I think I am only on 25mg twice a day right now. I had to beg to be put on Adderall by my PCP to help with my fatigue and sleepiness. The Cymbalta made me tired and the Adderall kept me awake. My body was fighting itself every day - its still fighting. Otherwise I just couldn't work. I could sleep 20 hours a day if I am able and at 43 years old that is not how I want to spend my life - sleeping. 4 hours or 20 hours I still always feel the same anyway. I guess I don't have much to lose other than to stick with it. I am sure it is like a lot of these types of medications and takes at least 6 weeks for them to start working. Thank you for letting me know. :)

I've been on Savella for 3 weeks now. Seems to be helping. My friend is on Lyrica and loves it. She is in much worse shape than me. Give it a bit more time.

I've tried Savella. I might as well have been taking sugar pills because it did absolutely nothing for me.