Hi All, again!

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here… mostly because I’ve just had a string of bad things (both medically snd otherwise) happening in my life… I just can’t catch a break.
Since my last posts, I have now been diagnosed with 2 herniated discs and spinal stenosis in my back, abnormal migraines that are causing seizures, and my fm has been worse.
The good news is that I was finally able to get appointments with a neurologist and a neurosurgeon (I’ve been waiting since January for both). I am now a walking pharmacy, as well. In addition to the lyrica, which has now been upped to 300 mg a day, I take klonopin, alevelle (sp?), 100 mg of tramadol every 6 hrs, trazadone for sleep, and I was on cymbalta but they took me off after the seizures…
I start 2 weeks of pt on friday, then i go into 3 rounds of epidural injections (if I can find a way to pay for them… bc medicaid doesn’t cover it), and then decompression surgery if that doesn’t help.
I have also been demoted to only part time at work (technically i was promoted to office manager and given a $1 raise, but my checks have went from 1500 every 2 weeks to 350… so i call it a demotion.) My twins started school, kindergarten! My baby is now 8 months old and an inch away from walking, and my 3 yo is still a little miss bossy pants and diva, lol.
I am barely making it right now. Some days, I just cry… like when my kids ask for something and I have to tell them we just don’t have any money. I feel horrible bc I have been having to go into their savings account just to pay every day expenses like gas…
I got on food stamps, which helps with feeding the kids, but not with the bills. I am considering filing for disability, but I know that I wouldn’t get much more than I make at work now, so what’s the point, really?
I just need a little encouragment… Hope all of you guys have been faring better!

Hi Dear, I’m new to this site but would love to give you words of encouragement. I’m a little older that you, late 40’s but recently have had C-Spine surgery. I had an anterior decompression, disk replacement and cervical fusion. I would try to find a way to do the epidural steroid injections first. they do help for quite a while. Hoping that Dr has a payment plan for you. with littles like you still have at home you will want to put off the C-spine surgery for a bit unless you have a lot of help.The migraines and seizures could very well be from the compressed nerves, but if the injections do their job they will rid a lot of the inflammation and help a ton. And YES!! Do what you can to get SSDissability. There a videos on YouTube that will help you with the process. You start by filling out papers online. Good luck with it all, bless you and your kids!
Lisa