Fun at the doctors lol

I got wonderful news today. My doc thinks that I'm just a bad back twist away from severing the nerves that are pinched. She said to stay in the wheelchair and be gentle until we can get the MRI done. That will be $750 so it might be a while before I can afford it. She also says if it weren't for the pain she would say that it looks like I have MS. This whole thing is starting to get very frustrating. I do know for sure that when I lay down at night and prop myself up on pillows I can barely feel my legs anymore so I have to agree with her on the being gentle thing. Just think just a twist away from being a parapalegic just what I always wanted. (not)

Why can't my life just be simple?

Oh Katie, I’m sorry to read this. That’s some scary arse stuff right there. I would go to the ER and have them do the MRI. Tell them when you sit up you can’t feel anything. The reason why I say this is because they have to help you. I know that they have to take care of you and if you don’t have med insurance you can apply get help paying for it. You can’t take this chance.

Please get some help soon hun!

Gentle hugs!k
Punkin

Dear Katie,

This is some tough news, so sorry this is going on with you, but glad you went to the Dr for help with this. Punkin may be right about going to the ER, you have to be able to live, and surely want to be able to walk! This is not something to let go!

We are here for you always! Who can say why our lives have to be so difficult, or why we seem to have more thrown at us than others. If you go to the top of the page, where you see discussions on the left, and type in medical assistance, you will find a list of various kinds of help, this list was put together by our friend Sheila Wall, and may be of help to you.

Wishing you the best, Katie!

Love and hugs,

SK

I have to tell you that my oldest and dearest friend has MS, it is well controlled with a weekly shot. I wanted you to know this. She actually does much better now that she has the dx and the med. Please stay positive and get in there girl!

With much concern,

SK

I agree. This is serious and I would go to the ER right away. They HAVE to treat you in an emergency and being unable to walk sounds like an emergency. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Katie, just another thought. I have read that the misconception is that MS does not cause pain cuz it does. Also, my aunt’s friend who has MS has a pain pump implanted under her skin so I am guessing she has or had a lot of pain. Please get it checked out. There are a number of things that could cause your problems.

Life is never simple, we all know that. I’m so sorry to hear that but hopefully its been caught in time. I defanatly agree that the ER might be your best option. It is rediculas that you should have to wait in the first place, especially if waiting can make thing worse.mtry to stay in good spirits and keep us all updated. Best wishes and gentle hugs.
Becca

So sorry to hear that. You must be so worried now. You really need to get that MRI asap. I really hope you don't have or ever get MS. That would be a nightmare for you.

Do you have good medication to help with the symptoms until you can get properly looked at? Can they do something to released the pinched nerves? And yes, why can't life be simple?!

I hope you are coping well, and receive some better news soon. Time for a lottery ticket I think. A lottery win would cheer you up for sure!

Stay strong and let us know how things go for you please xx

Have an appt. at 3pm and my friend is gonna loan me the money. They have a payment plan for us poor folk. I've been doing okay in my wheelchair, but I think I could go a long time without it and not miss it.

Thanks for all the well wishes. With any luck it will be an easy fix, but I kinda doubt it. I can't really afford the MRI much less a surgeon to fix it.

On the plus side I already have the disk for my x-rays and have seen all the hard tissue now I get to see all the soft tissue.

Wish me luck!

Thats good to hear. It would be dangerous for it to be delayed. Hopefully it will bring you better news than you expect.

Good luck Katie!!

Very very gentle hugs

Thanks, I'll let everyone know what it says.

Exactly MB I have a friend who was diagnosed with MS and I touched on him on another post about trying amedical smart Jane. He takes 8 different meds for pain. So yes it does cause pain. I could seek another.docs opinion if he is telling you it doesn’t Katie. And you’d be able.to get that at the ER!

OH My I am so sorry to hear this. I wish I had better words of encouragement but i don't. Get yourself some rest, have faith and take it easy!

What is a medical smart Jane?

Epic Auto Correct Fail. Lol Medical Mary Jane Lol.

Gotta live that auto correct! LOL. I hate it. And yes, Mary Jane and I could be really good friends!

Hi Katie,

What about starting a Facebook fundraiser, stating the info you've given us? A lot of people raise funds this way for worthwhile causes. It might help.

I'm sorry you're in such an awful spot. From what others have said, maybe another Dr. opinion wouldn't be such a bad idea. And going to the ER is another good idea if you can get in. I know that the ERs in Florida wouldn't see you without insurance unless you had a life threatening situation.

I hope you don't have MS and it's only a pinched nerve. Sure sounds scary, tho, barely being able to feel your legs. I hope you can get some help SOON.

Oh, I'm glad you're getting the MRI done. Hopefully now you'll get some answers to what's going on.

Please let us know how you make out.

Bwahahahaha…finger fail! Love it!

I won't know anything until friday so I guess a couple days of working on patience. Thanks for all the support. I've just kinda gotten used to being terrified. I'm at like 2 and a half months since this whole thing got started.

Everyone is trying to be hopeful, but I have a hard time thinking that there just gonna have some cure and I'm gonna be alright. I think I've gotten used to being disabled. I love my wheelchair it gave me freedom when I was trapped by a new handicap.

I just don't know how it will turn out and I'm afraid to get my hopes up.