Horrible experience at the dentist

Hi everyone, I have not been here in long time, but I wanted to stop by and share my experience at the dentist. Usually my dentist appoints are not that bad, just a little uncomfortable. Yesterday I had two teeth extracted. and it was horrible.

Years ago when I had one of my other teeth extracted it was not that bad, but this time was different. I felt everything. They gave me over 30 shots, but I could not get numb enough. My bottom tooth was not that bad, it only took a few seconds to get out, I still felt very sharp pain, but at least it was over pretty quick.

My top tooth however was the worst. It took over an hour to get out, and it was very painful. The sharp pain was shooting through my whole face and jaw. I was shaking so bad. She kept trying to numb me throughout the whole ordeal, but it just would not work. Finally, a little over an hour later, I heard the tooth pop and I knew it was over. My jaw and face are so sore and swollen.

Well, I just wanted to share my experience. Has anyone else had this much trouble at the dentist getting numb? I have bad fibro for over 20 years and this is the first time I could not get at least numb enough to a point where I was comfortable.

Thanks for listening,
Shelly

1 Like

Shell, I am so sorry for your experience! I hate going to the dentist because it is always so painful for me. I tell them up front that I am a baby and it hurts and they do their best, but still. I also have had the experience of not being able to have enough shots to make it numb. It is awful. I do not have a solution, just a hug and sympathy. I am so sorry it happened for you. RA:)