I need help

Last night went to bed my lower back was hurting, this morning i can hardly walk my butt and hips hurt feels like i have two knifes being stabbed into them. What can i do. i took the med s and a muscle relaxer. I am still in pain !!

Hi Annette

Angelonearth has hit the mark with her advice. Have you been wearing different shoes or overdoing the walking or exercise? Having gone through years of gait problems and surgery on my feet and knees I recognise those symptoms - as well as being fibro symptoms.

Hope you feel better soon.

Gentle hugs

Jamey

ANNETTE IM SO SORRY YOURE IN PAIN CALL THE DR AND ASK WHAT YOU SHOUKD DI IM HAVING A SUMILAR PROBLEM ALSO AND CALLED MY RBEUMI SND ASKED WHAT TO DO RHEYVE CALKED WIRH MY INSTRUCTIONS HOPE THE DR CAN HELP YOU YOURE IN MY RHOUGHTS AND ORAYERS

hey, this is what happened to me a couple of weeks ago, i ended up having an ambulance take me to hospital then being admitted for 6 days. if nothing else you can get some decent painkillers and comfy bed! it will pass eventually but having a regular dose of oramorph doesnt half help

x

Annette,

It's possible that fibro is doing this to you. However, you should also be tested for auto-immune illnesses, as they can mimic fibro and oftentimes will hit those who have fibro.

Another thing that some fibro people have is hypermobility, which means that your joints can move beyond the normal range. Some who have this ability end up with a very painful connective tissue disorder called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
Some of the people with it manage to dislocate their hips, shoulders, etc. Is it possible that your hip could be dislocated? I've done that before with mine and it's painful. A physical therapist or chiropractor might be able to pop a disabled hip back into place, if that were the case.

If it's "just" fibro, I have found using Salon Pas, a small stick on patch, to help some with the pain. Also, as Angel mentions, it would be very wise for you to call your doctor and see what he/she can do in regards to your pain meds.

I've also had a procedure called radio ablation done to an area of my spine that affects my hip and butt. Apparently in my case I had minor osteoarthritis that was causing pain to radiate down into those areas. The procedure has reduced the pain, although I still do feel it at times. However, it was extremely painful for several weeks after the procedure. I mention it in case your pain might be due to osteoarthritis, as you could ask your doctor if you would be appropriate for it or not.

More than anything, I wish you freedom from the pain. It's horrible, I know. Try to be as proactive as you can be, in order to get any treatment that might be appropriate.

Best of luck to you,

Petunia

Hi Annette,

When we are asked this type of question, we usually look at your profile before responding, to see if you have other illnesses or what meds you are taking. I see no meds listed, no other illnesses listed, so all I can really say is to 'google' your meds, find out how long it takes for them to take affect on your sympotms. Some take up to 6 weeks, and to make another appointment with your Dr.

Wishing you well,

SK

Ooh, good point, Angel! Thank you for catching that point. Using both together might cause burns, I believe.

Thanks i will just try to hang in there. Medicate and rest is all i can do

Thank you so much, so much good information. I will look into all of this. Thanks for your help
Annette

Oh the knife feeling. I get the knife feeling down the spine too. UGH, I am sorry you are having a rough time. I will add you to my prayer list.

Last night somebody must have ran over me in my sleep with a big truck. I didn't get outta bed till 230 this afternoon!

Ok thanks

I will up date my info

Been there Annette. When I can’t get my meds to work, I hate to say, but I get my last resort med from my bro. Don’t tell. Please. This does not happen often. His back is crushed, and there is no rebuilding. He has to have a hip replaced that has turned black. Once a month or so, I can’t stand it.

I get tired of trying to pretend I am not in pain or being joyful for being in pain. Reality stricks.

I see a different psychotherapist tomorrow. My wonderful one just retired. They can’t give meds, but I hope he has something up his sleeve.

Have you had a bone scan lately? I just discovered I had osteoporosis in both my hips. I had been telling my boyfriend how much they hurt and blamed it on fibro. My urologist today reminded me to use my cane. My neurologist prescribed one. You may need to get one if you don’t have one.

Annette, I hope you get relief. And do not be like me.

Motrin, lyrica, ultram, zoloft, flexeril

Hi Annette, your description sounds exactly like mine, feels like a knife is stuck in my back 3 different areas, and I know that I have herniated and bulging discs so if you have not had an MRI to confirm it , a trip to your dr. May help,mine started out in my neck, bulging discs & when the nerve is pinching it feels like an ice pick is stuck in my neck, then last week I had the same feeling only in the middle of my back, boxes of salon-pas, and a trip to the chiro along with lots of rest & the heating pad and its starting to ease up, but when I am on my feet for a while it starts to hurt again.
I feel like my back muscles are always sore, and when they contract, and spasm it actually pulls on the vertebrae causing a mis alignment & pinched nerve, that’s what happens with me, so this last time it felt like a knife stuck in the middle of my back, I didn’t go to the dr, I just keep putting the heating pad on it, I actually stretched my back by lying over one of those big balls, using the salon-pas when on my feet, and it worked it self out, of course have not been able to do much the past 4 days… But it did get better
If this is something new, it’s always a good idea to get it checked out
I hope you feel better, hang in there, I know it’s so painful !!!
Hugs & blessings

That so bad I have alot of Back Pain too and even had surgury and I still have problems , each of us have to find what works for us ! I you have a hot tub or you can get in bath tub sometime that helps Good luck wish you a better day an night

So i waited until last night around 9 to call my friend to take me to the hospital. They let me stand in the waiting room for an hour before they check me in. You should have seen the look on the doctors face when i told he the medication i was on and i have fibro. I could not sit or stand up straight, the pain was so intense that i was sweeting. She had me try to stand up straight and then gave me a valium and a vicodin. After an hour and it did not work she gave me a shot that made me high as a kite. Gave me a script for the vicodin and valium and sent me home to my room. I slept like a baby, woke up with a big headache but my back feels much better. I bought a back heating pad so i should be set.

Oh ya they took xrays and said my back and hips were ok

What we do is at night prior to bed my husband takes 1 Vicodin, 1 Gabepentin and 1 Aleive. This helps aid his sleep and his muscles don't hurt so bad. Also I make sure he isn't cold. Fibro demands the body to not be so cold. In the morning prior to moving around he takes the same thing so that he is able to get going. Trust me if he doesn't do this he hurts as well in the lower back and his mobility is less. The muscle relaxers we found really doesn't help. It aides in relaxing the muscles, but it doesn't help with the rest. I have found that when he skips these steps I can see the pain in him in the morning. Through out the day I set a schdule up for him. He takes 2 Gabepentins and2 Aleives. this way he can stay focused. The meds as you know make you tired. but if you are moving it doesn't work on you so bad. You have to be moving. Hope this helps.

BTW

(Warm means: to wrap your legs when your sitting and to use a blanket when your sleeping, cause the body temp drops).

Hi Annette,

Hope you have found some relief. I have that in several areas of my back, but I have autoimmune arthritis, and some bad discs. If you have not had x-rays, it may be time to talk to your Dr about this. I kept telling them I felt like someone was hitting my lower back with an axe, or I had broken bones. It took years to get the correct diagnosis from a Rheumatologist.

I am sure that fibro alone can cause extreme pain, just make sure you keep telling the Dr about this severe pain, so that you are getting the best care possible.

Wishing you well,

SK