I'm home

For any of you that noticed that I was away I got really depressed and was taken to stay at the hospital for a while. They decided that I would benifit from a group home for now so I won't be around much since there is no internet there unless you have extra money for a wireless card. if you want to get a hold of me look on FB for Katie Elaine Lamoreaux. Sorry to say good bye to everyone here, but I just can't take everything going wrong at once.

Awwww, Katie, I know you probably won't get to see this for quite a while but I'm just so sad for you that the depression became so overwhelming. But so many people here suffer from really bad bouts of depression. It's incredibly hard to stay positive when the pain is so grating and non-stop. I can't fault anyone for having a hard time dealing with fibro because if you deal with it AT ALL then you're one tough cookie.

I think you've made a good choice going to the group home for now. I hope it helps you with coping strategies and I'm sending you warm wishes to get better soon.

Katie,

Sorry you are going thru so much right now. I hope everything goes well for you. Let us know how your doing when you can.

Prayers for you Katie.

Hugs, Tina

Katie, I pray you get the help you need, depression can be so nasty ! We are here for you if you need to vent, talk or just read discussions . Try to let us know how you are, but take care of you !!!
Hugs & blessings

Dearest Katie,

You will be in our good thoughts and prayers. I hope that you can come out stronger in body with a new determination. Hopefully they will take advantage of this time and give you some good physical therapy and treatment for your back.

Love and hugs,

SK

tc of yourself x love and hugs x

Thank you, I go there today. I'm really nervous, mostly because I've never seen the place. I'm actually doing better (physically) than I have in a while. I walk with less of a limp and can stay on my feet without my cane for longer. The place I went to wouldn't let me keep my cane, so I spent 10 days in a wheelchair again. I was kinda suppressed to get out and find things working so well. I did keep doing my exercises though so I think that has a lot to do with it.

I'm still a mess in my head (thus the group home), but I think I will be okay in time. I would be coming home, but my husband is gone a lot and he doesn't think it's safe for me to be alone that much. I agree, and wish I was coming home for good, but such is life sometimes.

Anyways, sorry for being so unorganized. My meds make me kinda disoriented for about a hour after I take them. Thanks everyone that replied it means a lot to me.

Katie,

I have requested your friendship on FB already..... If you need anything let me know...... I will continue to keep you uplifted in Prayer....

Faith is a force that is greater than knowledge or power or skill...... And the darkest defeat turns to triumph if you trust in God's wisdom and will.... For faith is a mover of mountains- there's nothing YOU cannot achieve if YOU have the courage to try it and then have the faith to believe........ Life is what you make it to be, YOU are the key to YOUR destiny.......

Much Love Gianna

God Bless You

Dear Katie, my heart goes with you. I know how anxious you must feel but you are doing the brave and responsible thing in getting help for yourself. Like so many of us, I know from personal experience just how overwhelming depression can be and how difficult it is to acknowledge that we cannot manage it on our own and need help. All kudos to you. I sincerely hope that you have a speedy recovery. I look forward to your future posts.

Katie
My thoughts , prayers ,are with you !
Celtic

I found you on FB, hope we can keep in touch! As our JC says, "stay strong"!

My prayers are with you stay strong!! Hugs

katie,

I was in the psych hospital three times in one year back in 2008 when i had to stop working because of my physical disabilities. It takes a strong person to go through the recovery period. I did not have to go to a group home but was in intensive outpatient therapy for many many months. It feels very powerless and hopeless at times and even when the professionals said I would feel better, i did not believe it. But i can tell you that YOU WILL. It took me about 18 months after my last admission to begin to feel better but then it was uphill and I learned so many great tools on dealing with life.

God Bless you and please hang in there. You will look back in a few years and realize it was the best thing you could have done.

Maria

Oh - how much I can relate ! I've lately been going through some depression battles myself. It seems I'll be going through my day and doing alright, then........... bam........... this overwelming feeling of defeat and depression ! Then I seem to snap out of it, only to have the same thing happen a few hours later. And so my day goes.

I hope for you that you'll find what you need in the group home and I will be there standing beside you, along with your angels, to help keep you strong.

Much love,

Michelle

Michelle,

I experience exactly the same thing so I appreciate what a struggle it is for you. I'm sure that we are not alone. Some days I feel that all I want to do is crawl into a corner and cry. Then some small thing will break through the depression and I feel calmer and more hopeful, but at the moment it is an never ending seesaw of emotion. If it becomes so overwhelming that I feel that I am losing the struggle I hope that I have the courage that Katie has shown all of us and ask for help.

right on ! I think she is being very brave.

Thanks for all the replies, just figured I would check in and let everyone know how I’m doing. It’s very quiet/boring here. Since I have no insurance I get no group therapy, but to be honest I don’t want to be around people anyways. I spend almost all day in my room listening to music or watching movies on my computer. There are only a few women that I talk to so no one really bugs me. I decided that I need to start walking more no matter how bad it sucks so I skipped breakfast because I didn’t want to walk all that way. The place is in an old retirement home and it seems like everything is far away. As far as depression goes I may as well be back in the hospital. I can talk to people now, but no one really seems interested. Atleast there when I have a panic attack there were people to help. Here I have to argue with them just to get my anxiety pill on time (think I have that one fixed, but today is the first day so I’m not sure.) I just don’t have any reason to hope and the future I had planned is up in smoke so what’s the point? I can’t have kids and if I did they would just become unpaid care takers for me anyways.

Anyways sorry to whine, but I figured honesty is supposed to be the best policy.

Oh Katie, I know how tough it is. Of course honesty is the best policy but I also know that part of the problem with depression is the negative internal dialogue that we continually allow to rerun in our minds. As for the future, that certainly isn't written in stone. It is hard to smile and try to make contact with others when everything seems so hopeless. I'd tell you how I know but it would be like reading War and Peace without benefit of the plot. But there is also the saying "Fake it until you make it!" Try to think of anything that used to make you happy. Really focus on it....picture it in your mind .....see yourself enjoying it. Think of moments when you felt really loved......relish how special this made you feel. That warm cosy feeling is as much a part of your internal world as all the bad stuff. If you need to be reassured how special you are, then just read the messages we all left for you. You are unique and you have already touched other people's lives whether you realise it or not. You have a unique contribution to make to the world even if you cannot see it at the moment. Believe me when I say that change is the natural order of the world and these depressing times will pass like every thing else. We are hanging in there with you. Just have a little faith in yourself. We believe in you.

Katie, I am not a very wise person so I don’t k ow if my words will help. I cried when I read your post as I have been through the same things wi th depression and hospitalizations. I just knowyouwillbestrongeeinthe end and that it takes an already strong person to fight something like this. I knowing feels like hell on earth but it will get better. And I agree withy he person who said to fake it until you make it. Years ago, a friend told me to just keep smiling even if I didn’t feel like it. Nowadays, every one thinks somethingis wrong if aim not smiling. Let your true personality and strengths shine through as you are truly a gift from God!