I've been under the weather!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been here much lately, the continuous storms have been very hard on me. If you are one of the many who have sent me messages or comments, please know that you are not being ignored!

My Rheumatologist, who I saw Tuesday, even went so far as to tell me that moving to a dryer climate would be highly beneficial to me. There is no question in my mind about this, but being away from my son and grandkids would never work for me, it would be worse to endure than these dreaded diseases!

I managed to drag myself, my Mom and grandsons to my granddaughter's graduation celebration lunch! It was good to be with everyone, I did my very best to hide the pain and exhaustion, made it home, took my Enbrel shot and morphine and hit the couch, and I hear it calling my name again!

My Rheumatologist told me that the fact that Daypro, the med I take for inflammation helps me more than any other drug or treatment is proof that my problem is from the Inflammation of the disease, rather than the structural damage of collapsed discs, spinal stenosis, joint damage, and the myriad of other problems that showed up on my recent MRIs. So in other words, at this point, surgery would not really help.

We discussed the Osteopenia, and he said that unfortunately the increase in calcium citrate intake would NOT reverse it, so he prescribed Prolia, in hopes that the Insurance Company will approve it, if not it will be Fosamax. The recommended dose of Calcium Citrate for everyone is 1200 mg per day. It is the maximum dosage the body will absorb. Everyone please make sure this is something you do for your bone health!

I hope everyone is well and happy! I hope to be back to you all very soon!

Love and hugs,

SK

Hi Dear SK.

Well, you had a big day out, if you accomplished all of that. I'm happy for you. I'm sure your grandaughter and your mother were very happy too.

I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. That's very interesting about the Daypro. I'm glad it's helping with some of the pain. You have a lot going on and it's at least nice that the inflammation problem will be helped.

I think of you often.

Love and hugs,

LKitty

Hi, SK noticed that you hadn’t been on the forum much and was wondering how you were doing. I’m sorry that you haven’t been well, we’ve missed you.

Although I’m sure the thought of surgery was pretty scary, I’m sorry that your rheumy doesn’t think that surgery will help. I hope you get some relief from the additional medicine and that your insurance company approves the medication your doctor thinks you should take.

Thanks for the heads up on calcium citrate. I’ll be glad to see you back on-line more.

Gentle Hugs

HI SK SORRY YOU HAVNT BEEN FEELING WELL IM GLAD YOU COULD BE AT YOUR GRAND DAUGHTERS PARTY I SAY PRAYERS EVERY MORNING AND NIGHT FOR EACH OT YOU I SAY BE WITH MY FWMILIEE MY BIOLOGICAL FWMILY MY CHURCH FAMILY MY EORK FWMILY AND MY FIBRO SUPPORT FAMILY IM GLQD TO HEAR FROM YOU