JayCS’s Fibro Blog

2021-07-07, Wednesday

Sleep: 10h50, up 4x (27’) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details: only up 4x, but dozing quite a bit, less peeing, back strange, loins better

!exact times
Mg & Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium at meal 19:00, GABA 21:15, exercises?
18:00 dead tired.
21:20-
23:02 9’ p2 aired, cold wash (arms, lower back), teeth th drink fw1’
1:00 12’ (dozing / trying other mattress out a bit) FCS p1 th drink fw2’ wart (sore throat → Marigold)
4:25! 3’ p1 th 3 sips fw1’ shake-dance 1’
6:19 3’ no p! drink fw1’ shake-dance 1’
-8:37
Sum: 2h40+8h37-(9+12+3+3=)27’= 11h17-27’=10h50, up 4x (27’)

Activities: 70-80%/1-2

live work 4h - talking normally to single persons thru a mask for about 1.5h :left_right_arrow: 70%/2. :x:
TT :left_right_arrow: 80%/1 :white_check_mark: - dead tired, so lost first 0:3, yawning once every 2 minutes, then won the next 3, so 3:3 - but all of it was easy, effortless. Hope I can sleep well after it now tho.
(Cycling 42’…)

Treatments:

Acupressure 2h Tues & Thurs: Loins worse till sleep, then better. 4 pains (of 3/7) on my right side, still right thigh 2x10’ (3/7).

2x45mg Mg, 2x290mg passiflora, 700mg GABA:

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h10..., fibro-work 2h55

:white_check_mark: AuTr 3’, Timing, hunchback-hard-cushion 25’, cold shower (10’), palpate 1’, belly 2’, back 6’, twist-stretch 5’, loins 1 1’, loins 2 1’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 10x30’, shaking dance 6’, neck 1+ 3’, marionette-hang 5’, neck 2 1’, = 70’…
:x: workout 7’, V ', yoga ‘, breath-hold 11’, ’

Fibro-work: Night: 5’ 8:40: 30’ 12:50 5’ 12:50 30’ 17:00 15’ 17:55: 35’ 20:20: 55’ = 2h55

Symptoms

Lying: Testing around using all 4 pillows. Curling my legs and head backwards.
Trying the new trick with one leg down from the bed is OK, but not better than that curling back.
Sitting: Fairly tough today, needed to stand & stretch a lot.
Talking: OK emotionally/stress-wise. 1.5h with about 5 single people, one for 1h, 5’ with a larger group, but the mask is the tough thing for my body which answers a good part of the question if it’d be a difference if it were off…
GI: A small amount of wind regularly, esp. at night, not in the daytime, so I think it’s the supps.
Bladder: Good (0) after acupressure, pain increasing till GABA in the evening. Off and on 0-2(-3), still not sure if warmer feet are helping that much, but praps a bit.
Loins: Better at 1:00 than at 21:00, better in the daytime.

Therapy: Her question about contact with my mum is making me question the contact with my mum… :face_with_monocle:

Lessons in self-care

#21 Good test today that it seems to be mainly the mask that is tough on me at work.

Reasons to be cheerful

#15 I think/hope I could help quite a few people today
#16 Now it’s probably the mask making work so hard is really good to know.

Highlights week 27th to 3rd, my blog-summary and my fibromyalgia-references

Abbreviations & explanations

Entries start with night meds & sleep, before activities & treatments, because the “night before” is vital. So Fri-day starts with Thursday night, the night before Friday.

Pain "7" = crying (/out) point; my 1 is others 2-3, and due to pacing/treatments

My wife says my 7 is other people’s 12. 1 is probably 2-3. Due to pacing, keeping work down to 25% (12h/wk) and all my treatments (acupressure, GABA) and physio self-treatments I manage to keep getting my pains & Ache down quickly. 3 usually means the Ache, not pains; these I address individually, often automatically and on the fly now, e.g. twist-stretching everything or something specific after getting up.

TIME DATA, e.g. ' = mins, h = hours, 18:10:40', date YYYY-MM-DD

’ = mins = minutes, ‘’ = secs = seconds, h is hours as time length, 3h is 3 hours long, 3:00 is 3am, 15:00 is 3pm. 18:10:40’ means 40 minutes, starting at 18:10, = 10 minutes past 6pm up to 10 to 7pm. The date is the logical digital standard: YYYY-MM-DD.

SLEEP: slp, w, lbu/LBU, RLS, p, i

slp = sleep; reasons for getting up: w = (a)wake, lbu/LBU: lower back unrest (‘RLS’?), p: pee, p2: pain 2 of 7 before peeing, i: ideas.

ACTIVITIES: TT, e.g. "5:1"

TT = table tennis, 5:1 = score, usually showing how well I’m feeling: energy, relaxedness & alertness if the first number is much higher than the second.

SELF-TREATMENTS (about everything else...)

The self-treatments listed are only things that I’m spotlighting & rewarding myself for at the mo by counting them; much of what I do at night is self-treatment to get back to sleep or alleviate (1-2h/d), certain regular movements at daytime, like twist-stretching (30’), writing this blog is self-treatment (30’-60’/d), and the further fibro-work is an indirect form.
Self treatments are usually preventative or always have the same positive effect (e.g. cold showering improves Ache and sleep) - at least I do them for that - and I use “:arrow_forward:” to show what I’m doing to alleviate something and mark it off in the details “:white_check_mark:/:x:” whether it works well enough for a time or doesn’t’, e.g. Ache :arrow_forward: cold fast shower “:white_check_mark:
fw = fibro-work, meaning reading and writing this blog, the reference base, on 4 fibro-forums and researching fibro-stuff on the web.
AuTr = Autogenic Training (usually to actively get - back - to sleep, so counting it as sleep and AuTr…),
cold/FCS = Flash Cold Shower (20’’-60’’) , I count it as 10’ tho. At night with ear plugs & all lights off.
breath-hold/WHM-B-H = Wim Hof Method Breath-Holding,
Neck 1 is stretching top right to bottom left, vice versa & sky/ground, neck “1+” is stretching far further diagonally downwards, neck 2 is pressing my head against my hand “without moving”, left right and front.
loins = loins/groin = stretching the ligaments there.
ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,
RR = bp = blood pressure (Riva Rocci), plus pulse. Used to be normal, plus sometimes white coat syndrome, went up since fibro, seems to have gone down again, but I’m still sort of on meds, candesartan 16mg, instead of 8mg plus lercanidipine, cos I saw that c. has less side effects.
:new: “V” for loins = lie on back, legs up and let legs fall to sides;
:new: twist-stretching more for the loins