Migraines

Are they Fibro- related?

I find them very hard to deal with. They seem to come out of nowhere and dusturb my already dusturbed sleep, I can’t handle bright lights, sounds.
I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow but I can barely move. My head is throbbing, my ears are buzzing.

Omg, is there an end to the symptoms?

Good idea, I think I’ll start keeping a symptoms diary!

Thanks!

They are often found together - it is a set of similar symptoms that seem to appear in people with Fibro - like IBS and CFS, depression, etc. They are typically all linked to serotonin imbalances and receptors. The good news is there are a lot of different options out there for aborting and preventing migraines. Unfortunately, they don't all work for everybody. This is a big one to speak with your doctor about. For the most part, I have to stay lying down in a quiet, dark room when I get one. Sometimes I will power through it to my job, but I also get aphasia when I have a migraine and mix up my words, so that isn't always advised.

Yes, they can be related. I used to get lightening sharp pain in my head - it's HORRIBLE!! Fibro is VERY frustrating and it can seem like the symptoms are never ending! Pain meds usually didn't/don't work for me. The ones with caffeine sometimes did/do. I'm so sorry things are so rough right now! I pray things get better for you! *Hugs*

Hello Ivana

You mentioned that you couldn't stand bright lights or sounds. I was experiencing those problems too when one day I happened upon a list of the possible symptoms of fibromyalgia and I was surprised to find that some things on the list had changed since I was diagnosed in 1987!! Don't know why I didn't think to check the symptoms list. Now it says that we have a super-sensitivity to bright lights and loud sounds.

I would recommend that you read the symptoms list from time to time and see if there are any new symptoms.

As far as migraines, I never used to get migraines, but I do now. I have had problems with headaches throughout my life since my teen years when I developed sinusitis. My headaches were excruciating specially when I went out in the cold winter air.

HI IVANA I SAW A PROGRAM ON DR OZ MONDAY IT WASXABOUT GLUTEN SENSITIVITY CAUSED BY GLUTEN.ONE OF THE THINGS MENTIONED IS HEADACHES AND MIGRAINES.YOURE SUPPOSED TO ELIMINATE ANYTHING IN A BOX BAG OR BIN FOR 2 WEEKS.SEE HOW YOU FEEL.IM GOING GLUTEN-FREE TO SEEXHOW I FEEL.

Have you tried TOAMAX you will have to consult your doctor first it is perscrition meds I use it as a preventive for migraine Headaches as a preventative they are a anti-epitlic drug but has good results in losing weight and helping nueropathic pain such as fibei worth a discussion with you doctopr Warm Hugs JJeannie