Minor bone damage, hairline fractures ? Help me out guys!

Has anyone else had problems with bone damage with say “minor fractures” example wrist and or fingers. From things our bodies would normally withstand ? This is so painful as I’m sure youd imagine. And our bodies cannot be so weak, espically when bone density shows okay.

Wow, no. That sounds extremely painful - and unusual. I wonder if you have some sort of osteopenia or something? Although you said that tests found nothing. I'm not sure what kind of doctor deals with bones, so let me look......okay, back. Here are some who may be able to help you:

Rheumatologists diagnose and treat diseases of the bones, joints, muscles and tendons, including arthritis and collagen diseases.

Orthopaedic surgeons are doctors trained in the care of patients with musculoskeletal conditions, such as congenital skeletal malformations, bone fractures and infections, and metabolic problems.

Physiatrists are doctors who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation. They evaluate and treat patients with impairments, disabilities, or pain arising from various medical problems, including bone fractures. Physiatrists focus on restoring the physical, psychological, social, and vocational functioning of the individual.

You could always ask your primary care doc which of these docs would be the most appropriate to see.

I hope this helps to shed some light upon what's going on because I haven't a clue.

Good luck, Robyn!


Hi Robyn,

I know that my poor grandmother had hairline cracks all through her body at the end of her life, from PsA and Osteoperosis, but you are so very young to have this, and with healthy bone scans? Sounds like a question for your Doc, Robyn, but hopefully one of our nurses, Doctors, or PA's will post more info for you!

Hope you can soon get some solid answers, and some substantial relief! Someone needs to take care of the parents and grandparents of the world, we have work to do for the kids!