Moments of peace, happiness, cuteness, etc

So, how about a thread of things to just make you smile, even if it's only for 5 seconds? I happen to be an addict of www.icanhascheezburgers.com. It's one of my little ways to unwind sometimes after a long day. Mindless entertainment, a few chuckles, a "de-stressor." And there was a particular image that I just saw tonight and it made me think of you all, my "fibro-friends." lol So, I share it with you. I'd love to see others post stuff here, too. A song, a poem, a happy picture, a peaceful thought, or joke, or something that happened in your day. Follow our bliss?

funny pictures - Purrfect anti-stress formula

That definitely made me smile!!! :) My kitten does all these silly antics that make me smile and I agree...even if it is just for a few moments, it is something positive!! And make a note of those positives and then on the really awful days, reflect on them! Thanks for sharing and the smile!!!! Bonita

THE OLDER CROWD
A distraught senior citizen phoned her doctor's office. 'Is it true,' she wanted to know, 'that the medication you prescribed has to be taken for the rest of my life?'
'Yes, I'm afraid so,' the doctor told her.
There was a moment of silence before the senior lady replied, I'm wondering, then, Just how serious my condition is, because this prescription is marked 'NO REFILLS....

Garage Door
The boss walked into the office one morning not knowing his zipper was down and his fly area wide open. His assistant walked up to him and said, 'This morning when you left your house, did you close your garage door?' The boss told her he knew he'd closed the garage door, and walked into his office puzzled by the question.
As he finished his paperwork, he suddenly noticed his fly was open, and zipped it up. He then understood his assistant's question about his 'garage door.'
He headed out for a cup of coffee and paused by her desk to ask, 'When my garage door was open, did you see my Hummer parked in there?'
She smiled and said, 'No, I didn't All I saw was an old mini van with two flat tires..

THE JOYS OF AGING!!!!!!

Had heard the second one but not the first!!! That definitely gave pause for thought!! And I LOVE Tinkerbell!!! :)

Well thanks and I love Tink as well, was my daughters favorite till she was in her 20's lol. Hope you have a nice weekend :)

NotMsBHavin said:

Had heard the second one but not the first!!! That definitely gave pause for thought!! And I LOVE Tinkerbell!!! :)

so cute! this is a great idea. we all need to remember to smile and laugh as much as we can. I know it helps me to feel better!

I'm glad you all liked this thread. I loved the jokes! Thanks for the smile - *I* needed this today. Be well. - Jen

Hi Jen, Actually Thank You for coming up with this thread, it is a great thing...Not only does it make us smile but it's fun trying to come up w/new photos or find some new jokes.
Hope you feel better, Robin P.s. I'll add a few more jokes soon...
Jenji said:

I'm glad you all liked this thread. I loved the jokes! Thanks for the smile - *I* needed this today. Be well. - Jen

Happy day for you all, here are a few more jokes. Sure hope you enjoy them :)

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, "No hablo ingles."

Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!

en like bank accounts.
Without a lot of money they don't generate a lot of interest.

My boyfriend is getting me a kitten for my birthday next month because he thinks that cuddling with it will help me relax. This made my day 10x better. Thank you.

Excellent :) I have three. lol (I recommend just getting one - 3 is pushing it.) But there is actual medical research about pets, love and affection, I just don't know it all to cite it here. I hope you enjoy your new fur-baby.

rasprin said:

My boyfriend is getting me a kitten for my birthday next month because he thinks that cuddling with it will help me relax. This made my day 10x better. Thank you.

Excellent :) I have three. lol (I recommend just getting one - 3 is pushing it.) But there is actual medical research about pets, love and affection, I just don't know it all to cite it here. I hope you enjoy your new fur-baby.

rasprin said:

Aw Rasprin, Having pets are great. When I get out of bed at 2 am my 3 dogs all follow me to the couch to snuggle. The best thing is they will always listen to you and don't talk back lol, Congrats and I'm sure kitten will still your heart....

Jenji said:

rasprin said:

I have 5 dogs - they are my fur babies. They give me a reason to get out of bed every day, they cuddle with me when I can't get out of bed, and they are companions when I just need someone to be there. I recommend a pet but be careful with a kitten - they have a lot of energy and do require a fair amount of work. You may want to get a pair of kittens so they can entertain each other or there are lots of wonderful cats available for rescue too. You might want to consider that instead. Enjoy your new friend!

I just saw this one today and thought it was cute!

Two little kids are in a hospital, lying on beds next to each other, outside the Operating Room.
The first kid leans over and asks, 'What are you in here for?'

The second kid says, 'I'm in here to get my tonsils out and I'm a little nervous.'
The first kid says, 'You've got nothing to worry about. I had that done when I was four. They put you to sleep, and when you wake up they give you lots of Jell-O and ice cream. It's a breeze.
The second kid then asks, What are you in here for?
The first kid says, 'A circumcision.'
And the second kid says, 'Whoa, good luck with that one, buddy! I had that done when I was BORN ... Couldn't walk for a year!!!!

Too Cute..
Nancy M said:

I just saw this one today and thought it was cute!

Two little kids are in a hospital, lying on beds next to each other, outside the Operating Room.
The first kid leans over and asks, 'What are you in here for?'

The second kid says, 'I'm in here to get my tonsils out and I'm a little nervous.'
The first kid says, 'You've got nothing to worry about. I had that done when I was four. They put you to sleep, and when you wake up they give you lots of Jell-O and ice cream. It's a breeze.
The second kid then asks, What are you in here for?
The first kid says, 'A circumcision.'
And the second kid says, 'Whoa, good luck with that one, buddy! I had that done when I was BORN ... Couldn't walk for a year!!!!

"RETARDED" GRANDPARENTS
Written by a third grader, on what his grandparents do.

After Christmas, a teacher asked her young pupils how they
spent their holiday away from school. One child wrote the following:

We always used to spend the holidays with Grandma and
Grandpa. They used to live in a big brick house, but Grandpa got retarded
and they moved to Arizona . Now they live in a tin box and have rocks
painted green to look like grass. They ride around on their bicycles, and
wear name tags because they don't know who they are anymore. They go to a
building called a wreck center, but they must have got it fixed because it
is all okay now, they do exercises there, but they don't do them very
well. There is a swimming pool too, but they all jump up and down in it
with hats on. At their gate, there is a doll house with a little old man
sitting in it. He watches all day so nobody can escape. Sometimes they
sneak out, and go cruising in their golf carts. Nobody there cooks, they
just eat out. And they eat the same thing every night - early birds.
Some of the people can't get out past the man in the doll house. The ones
who do get out bring food back to the wrecked center for pot luck. My
Grandma says that Grandpa worked all his life to earn his retardment and,
says I should work hard so I can be retarded someday too. When I earn my
retardment, I want to be the man in the doll house. Then I will let people
out, so they can visit their grandchildren.

PRICELESS

OMG that's so funny! Thanks - I really needed a laugh today. It's been a very sucky day all around. This was just what I needed!

Glad to make you laugh. My Mom sent me that and I thought it was precious and had to share. I have plenty more to come Nancy so keep an eye out. I really hope you have a better day today, xoxo

Nancy M said:

OMG that's so funny! Thanks - I really needed a laugh today. It's been a very sucky day all around. This was just what I needed!