No Diagnosis

I still am trying to get my PCM to diagnose FM for me. Saw her just yesterday afternoon and she explained that I have so many conditions that explain my sometimes,overwhelming chronic pain, that all the issues explain what I am going through. I have had ten surgeries since 2001 and have significant osteo arthritis. nothing explains the sometime overwhelming pain the presents itself regardless of the weather and new trauma. I am on cymbalta and mobic which help just a little. When I have the energy I will try to go to a private DR. Any advice?

Hello George,

Sorry to hear what you have been going through, it sounds really tough. Often, it seems people with Fibro have lots of other related and unrelated conditions. I can only offer advice from my own experience, I hope others will weigh in! More often than not the diagnosis is finally given by a rheumatologist, tho a PCM is quite able, too ( I am from UK, that usually happens here, anyway). I do beleive that not all PCMs beleive in it, still! So getting one that does and who you get on with, is key. Saying that, if your symptoms are being treated (whatever name it is given), is what should happen, and with Fibro, in my experience the relief is never complete. Hope this helps a little, I wish you well and at least some relief.

Take care, Anne

AnneV said:

Hello George,

Sorry to hear what you have been going through, it sounds really tough. Often, it seems people with Fibro have lots of other related and unrelated conditions. I can only offer advice from my own experience, I hope others will weigh in! More often than not the diagnosis is finally given by a rheumatologist, tho a PCM is quite able, too ( I am from UK, that usually happens here, anyway). I do beleive that not all PCMs beleive in it, still! So getting one that does and who you get on with, is key. Saying that, if your symptoms are being treated (whatever name it is given), is what should happen, and with Fibro, in my experience the relief is never complete. Hope this helps a little, I wish you well and at least some relief.

Take care, Anne

Keep records of all your doctor visits. Start a journal and write all your symptoms and what helps or makes them worst.