Oh the fibro fog!

Hello kt

Oh how we learn to treasure the good days! It sounds like you have a very supportive husband. That is one of the greatest treasures one can possibly have. Many members here were without any support before they found this online support group.

Wonderful that you now have a laptop so we hope to see you around the site in whatever way suits you. Some people prefer to do a lot of reading and that way they glean new information. Some prefer to private message other people while others like to take part in Discussions or even to post a Discussion.

We're glad to have you as part of our fibro family.

Gentle hugs

Rachel

Pre-menopause might account for a few forgotten words at times but not to the extent that fibro fog hits us. And it IS really "that bad." I was talking to my disability lawyer the other day on the phone, trying to give her pertinent dates and info and I just couldn't remember anything! Plus I was exhausted. Moral of this tale: fibro fog seems to go hand in hand with exhaustion, for me at least. Therefore, lots of rest in order to keep it uder control so I'm not completely without a clue, as I was the day I spoke with the lawyer. Resting does help the fog, I find.

PS: That's not to say that it goes away! I keep finding that I've left a car door wide open while on my delivery job.

Yes, exactly! The harder you push to remember, the worse the fibro fog gets!

Wow. You're not the first person to find out they also have Lyme and high candida. Too bad that the more reliable Lyme tests aren't done on all fibro people as soon as they are dxed with fibro. It might save them a lot of time and heartache. Thanks for sharing this.

Barb, that's quite a change. I'm glad you've found improvement for you CFS. And thank heavens you no longer have to sleep 16 hours a day!

KT, congratulations on your husband getting you a laptop. They make it so much easier to type! How sweet of your husband!

KT andersen

I had the most dreadful chronic fatigue, couldn’t answer the door, pick up the phone. I just sat on the sofa for three years. I didn’t care about anything. Awful, behind a veil, another level of consciousness if you will. Then I got really sick and almost died with renal failure, and found a doctor who did the alternative therapy stuff. Saved my life, although I have never been a believer in alternative therapy and didn’t really like the doctor but I was desperate. Now I can open the door, answer the phone, and even write a book, previously I could not ever write a sentence. I couldn’t find the words, I still have problems but I continue to improve years on.
Now we got rid of all possible toxic stuff from my home, including my microwave, bleach, cleaning products and started by installing filtered water. Then I stopped eating everything except organic fruit and vegetable. Immediately I didn’t need my diabetic or hypertension meds. But I felt better and over time I became became more alert. I was taking, Magnesium, Vit B Complex, Vitamin D 3, and Lugols iodine. I have never returned to this days when I think I’m in a cloud and can’t see where I’m going. Just thought I would tell you my story. Take Care and I hope you feel better very soon.Barb

Yes, it seems that the fibro fog gets worse when I am tired....really tired. Then it's almost impossible to retrieve the words.

But I am finding that rest is critically important for fibromyalgia.

What a story , Barb. What a testimony to finding the long road back to being able to function.

I hope everybody reads your story, this part of your story. They will know that there is hope in even the darkest places.

If JC were working with us he would know how to feature your story. Unfortunately JC is standed in a FEMA hotel as a result of Hurricane Sandy.

I am glad I read your story. Now that you are part of this wonderful online support group, you will improve even more and will find new friends and more support.

I am so glad you found our support group .

Gentle hugs

Rachel

You can still rest even if you are in pain. Rest and sleep are two different things.

Leslie

I have to say that since I have written my book, I have been more able to get the words out. Although very hard, not easy by any means, struggling with writing helped me. Barb