Received elevated Liver enzymes

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I received elevated liver enzymes for the first time. AST/SGOT which should be 0 - 40 is 59 and ALT/SGPT which should be 0 - 32 is 97. I have been doing some research and it says if both of these are elevated, there is liver damage. My last rheumatologist changed my meds from Norco (4-6 a day) to Time release morphine, 30 mg., every 12 hours and tramadol with 2 Tylenol 3 times a day. I did the Tylenol at first but stopped that and I don't always take the tramadol all the time. For bleed through pain, I have been taking 1/2 - 1 Norco a day which I had left over, My meds just got changed about 2 months ago. My pain is from fibromyalgia, or so my rheumatologist thinks and I do too and it is chronic and very severe at times. I am not sure what to do. I just got this diagnosis yesterday. I would love some feedback on this so I know where to go from here. I am thinking of going on disability so I don't have to deal with this chronic pain at work and can use more alternative ways to deal with the pain at home. Thank You for taking the time to read this. MiMi

enzyHI MiMi

When do you see the doctor again? I have had elevated labs at times. Their are different things that can cause it. My last labs were much better.

There are many things that can cause this. I had trouble with elevated liver enzymes this past spring. Had an ultrasound done of my liver and surrounding organs. It turned out I had gallstones, in which I had my gallbladder removed. Thankfully, when I had my liver enzymes tested after the surgery, the liver enzymes were back to normal. I would ask your doctor for an ultrasound done to see what is actually going on.